Maybach (W240) Produced 2002-2012

Do you know anyone, who ordered Maybach?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
Re: Ignorant Statement

Originally posted by Mr. Xristo
Oh my...

Wealth, and "class" do not go together.

Based on your ignorant statement, and blatent (sic) stereotype, I could stereotype you into the following: you are on the low-end of the financial spectrum, and you are a Mercedes-Benz owner wannabe, because you drive a poor man's Mercedes (i.e., a low-end C-Coupe).

People drive what they want, not what they think you want them to drive, or what you feel is the classy thing to do.

If someone wants to purchase a Maybach, and install a freakin wing on it, then kudos to them. It is their money, isn't it?
Too bad your reading and spelling skills do not match your willingness to argue. I merely wrote that wealthy people with class (no, these are not mutually exclusive attributes) would not tart up a car to attract attention to themselves.

I know lots of wealthy people who could, if they wanted, buy a Maybach. But without exception, they won't, because it's really a quite tacky automobile and would attract unwanted attention to them. Hell, many of them don't even drive a stripper "economy car" Benz, as I do occasionally when one of my Peugeots (which I vastly prefer) is not available

Hence my comment (I believe it to be true) about a large clientele for the Maybach in North America being "celebrities" and, er, legitimate businessmen........neither of which are particularly noteworthy groups that inspire me to emulate their behaviours.

Surely, a few people will buy Maybachs, and a good number of them will want to enhance the car's conspicuous consumption quotient by adding further "look at me" special effects. That's OK, especially so if your sense of worth as a human being depends upon the external signs of wealth that you can display.

And a good day to you too, sir
Old 02-27-2003, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by KompMan420
I've thought about ordering one, but I am curious on a few things.

What is the bolt pattern for both the 57 and 62?
What is the hub bore on same?
What is the offsets for both?

Thanks!!
I don't think anyone here is able to answer these questions being that the Maybach has not yet been excrutiatingly examined by anyone. Not to sound like an ****, but this kind of information doesn't quite make it into press-releases and published in auto mags.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:05 AM
Banned

C230K
Originally posted by internet_mafia
I don't think anyone here is able to answer these questions being that the Maybach has not yet been excrutiatingly examined by anyone. Not to sound like an ****, but this kind of information doesn't quite make it into press-releases and published in auto mags.
FINALLY!!!

Thank you mafia. I realize that these things aren't exactly what people are looking for, but I thought that MAYBE someone here had one or knew enough about them to answer this. Now that I have the info I need I'm going to drop out of this race war ****e. In the immortal words of Rodney King...

"AH! ****! DAMN THAT HURTS!!!"
Old 02-27-2003, 08:32 AM

Originally posted by KompMan420
FINALLY!!!

Thank you mafia. I realize that these things aren't exactly what people are looking for, but I thought that MAYBE someone here had one or knew enough about them to answer this. Now that I have the info I need I'm going to drop out of this race war ****e. In the immortal words of Rodney King...

"AH! ****! DAMN THAT HURTS!!!"
There never was a race war. When people bring absurd and unnecessary comments into a public forum, they need to be addressed. Racism and bigotry are like terrorists, they need to be routed out and removed from society. But again, no race war, I was only shedding light on a stubborn mindset.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:34 AM
Banned

C230K
Originally posted by internet_mafia
There never was a race war. When people bring absurd and unnecessary comments into a public forum, they need to be addressed. Racism and bigotry are like terrorists, they need to be routed out and removed from society. But again, no race war, I was only shedding light on a stubborn mindset.
Word! Power to the people and all that good jazz.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:54 PM
ktm

The comment was not absurd or unnecessary.

It was my opinion. Since you are not of sufficient intelligence and judgement to simply disagree without attacking me, it has turned into something more. As an African American, I am appalled that someone could turn a statement about class into a racial issue, but people like you - in alleged defense of minorities - do this all the time.

The people you are allegedly protecting would like you to understand the definitions of "racism" and "bigotry" before you proclaim to be so righteous.

Unfortunately, you are typical of the problem, and you have no clue.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:05 PM
Banned

C230K
rac·ism
n.

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

bigotry
n.

1. The state of mind of a bigot; obstinate and unreasoning attachment of one's own belief and opinions, with narrow-minded intolerance of beliefs opposed to them.

2. The practice or tenets of a bigot.

big·ot
n.

1. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

Alrighty then. Can we drop this now please? Black, white, yellow, green or purple we are all quilty of these in some way shape or form.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:24 PM
Banned

C230K
And by the way, ktm wasn't being racist when he was talking about "women and thugs hanging all over the car", he was clearly talking about a certain group of people (rappers) not related to race.