Maybach (W240) Produced 2002-2012

Do you know anyone, who ordered Maybach?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 05:56 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you know anyone, who ordered Maybach?

Please let me know. I want to make directory of confirmed owners.
Any rumours are welcome too
Old 02-17-2003, 02:17 PM
Banned

C230K
I've thought about ordering one, but I am curious on a few things.

What is the bolt pattern for both the 57 and 62?
What is the hub bore on same?
What is the offsets for both?

Thanks!!
Old 02-17-2003, 02:24 PM

SL55/S55/CLK500
I know that Sean Carter(Jay Z) and Sean "P.Diddy" Combs have ordered a few.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:11 PM
ktm

I figured it wouldn't take long for the vehicle to be ruined. Next there will be bare-assed women and gangsters with platinum coated teeth hanging all over the car, lowering it to the ground and making it bounce. Well, at least there's plenty of room for their massive weed bags in the trunk.
Old 02-21-2003, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
right

I've written it before....this sort of car is bought exclusively by tasteless nouveau riche and crime family members - nobody else! Wealthy people with some class have a little discretion.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:10 PM

Daily - CL600
Originally posted by ktm
I figured it wouldn't take long for the vehicle to be ruined. Next there will be bare-assed women and gangsters with platinum coated teeth hanging all over the car, lowering it to the ground and making it bounce. Well, at least there's plenty of room for their massive weed bags in the trunk.
Hahaha!

Bling Bling homie.

Sad but true.

Later,
Tom
Old 02-25-2003, 11:46 PM

2000 Honda Accord EX V6
I know that Ja Rule has one rollin' on 20's... he mentions it in one of the latest... not THE latest Rolling Stone Magazine.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:08 AM

Originally posted by ktm
What do they have to do with the Maybach? By your logic of association, then is the G, S, SL, and CL ruined also? You sound like a "nose pointed in the air" racist. BTW, if lowering a car is considered "ignorant", then why don't you check out the S, SL and CL forums. You'll see several examples of esteemed professionals lowering their cars and installing performance mods. Oh, and btw, your comment about weed bags shows YOUR ignorance. It's people like you that judge a book by its cover.

Last edited by internet_mafia; 02-26-2003 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:27 AM

Re: right

Originally posted by Mike T.
I've written it before....this sort of car is bought exclusively by tasteless nouveau riche and crime family members - nobody else! Wealthy people with some class have a little discretion.
Every luxury car on the market is bought by tasteless nouveau rich people and criminals. Name one that isn't. And what's your point? How do you determine who has taste? What is considered taste-less? By what standard are you using?

Last edited by internet_mafia; 02-26-2003 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:28 PM
ktm

How about you define esteemed professional? Esteemed professionals lowering their cars and doing "mods"? None that I know.

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence realizes that MB has 50+ years of engineering behind every aspect of the design of these automobiles. To decide on your own that you wish to lower, raise or otherwise modify the structural integrity of the product to achieve some sense of uniqueness defeats the hard work of these great engineers, not to mention voiding the warranty. Why not just go ahead and buy the Civic if you really want that look?

I don't think your perspective is broad enough. Just because someone can afford a MB does not make them an esteemed professional - maybe in your eyes - but not really.

And you want to call me a racist for stating facts? Well, there's always one steaming liberal in the room just dying to play the race card. Where did I mention anything about race in my earlier posts? Not to judge yet another book by it's cover, but from your screen name and your posts, I'd venture you are likely defending some of your own kind.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Talking Ignorant Statement

Originally posted by Mike T.
Oh my...

Wealth, and "class" do not go together.

Based on your ignorant statement, and blatent stereotype, I could stereotype you into the following: you are on the low-end of the financial spectrum, and you are a Mercedes-Benz owner wannabe, because you drive a poor man's Mercedes (i.e., a low-end C-Coupe).

People drive what they want, not what they think you want them to drive, or what you feel is the classy thing to do.

If someone wants to purchase a Maybach, and install a freakin wing on it, then kudos to them. It is their money, isn't it?

Last edited by Mr. Xristo; 02-26-2003 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:59 PM
ktm

A wing on a Maybach?

Excellent example of how wealth and class are indeed mutually exclusive.

To his defense, he did say wealth AND class. Someone who would defile such an automobile in that way would most assuredly have wealth but lack class.
Old 02-26-2003, 03:04 PM

To KTM's Earlier Post

Anyone who is financially able to purchase a $100k car working a real job is obviously doing something right. It doesn't take a genious to figure that out.

Intelligence has nothing to do with wanted to embellish one's car.

"To decide on your own that you wish to lower, raise or otherwise modify the structural integrity of the product to achieve some sense of uniqueness defeats the hard work of these great engineers"

Hardly. People lower their car to get better cornering ability. A lower center of gravity translates into a lesser tendency for rollover. There are people who actually drive their cars they way ther were meant to be driven...hard. You give MB engineers too much credit, because if they were really that great, then there wouldn't be so many quality issues with MB's.

"I don't think your perspective is broad enough. Just because someone can afford a MB does not make them an esteemed professional - maybe in your eyes - but not really. "

Let's not take my words out of context by equating the ownership of a MB to being wealthy. You see, I never said that. The truth is that wealthy people do own MB's, but owning a MB doesn't make you wealthy. The cheapest MB is like $17k, which is hardly expensive. I stopped using esteemed profesional because I guess that gives you a hard time.

But let's not get away from the real issue:

What are you really saying when you say that there will be gangsters with platinum coated teeth with half-assed women hanging over the Maybach? Also, what do a handful of people have to do with YOU, or the MAYBACH??? The last time I checked, the Maybach was being made by Mercedes, not some celebrities. So please tell the rest of us on this board how the Maybach will be ruined.

Last edited by internet_mafia; 02-26-2003 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-26-2003, 03:37 PM
Banned

C230K
If I may interject my 2 cents?

The engineers at MB design their cars for the middle of the road, depending on the model. For instance, the new C coupe is designed to be a more sporty car that is affordable to the "poor man" (nice touch by the way - ) When designing this car they could have very easily made it like their race cars; lowered with stiffer suspension, light weight larger wheels, tuned exhaust, wide body kit, etc. The reason they don't is because of marketability. Not everyone wants that. They made it middle of the road to appeal to the MAJORITY of their demographic. To say that the car that you buy off the lot is the best design that can be achieved is relavant to it's purpose and owner.
Old 02-26-2003, 04:59 PM
ktm

Re: To KTM's Earlier Post

Originally posted by internet_mafia
What are you really saying when you say that there will be gangsters with platinum coated teeth with half-assed women hanging over the Maybach? Also, what do a handful of people have to do with YOU, or the MAYBACH??? The last time I checked, the Maybach was being made by Mercedes, not some celebrities. So please tell the rest of us on this board how the Maybach will be ruined.
The point has been made, but you still do not get it. If you have to ask these questions, you obviously see the Maybach as just another piece of sheet metal, nothing more. You obviously have other agendas here, calling me a racist and such.

By all means, purchase one and add your wing, 28 inch wheels, make it bounce and add another 20 speakers. Then please show it to the world in the most public way so they will all see what an esteemed professional would do to "embellish" the car. I'm sure anyone with any real class will make the appropriate observations. You and Jay-Z should have a nice time "sweatin some bitc*es".

If you can take one thing from this thread, please remember:

Wealth DOES NOT EQUATE to Class!

Last edited by ktm; 02-26-2003 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:04 PM
Banned

C230K
OK, this thread was dormant for almost a month until I came in with this:

Originally posted by KompMan420
I've thought about ordering one, but I am curious on a few things.

What is the bolt pattern for both the 57 and 62?
What is the hub bore on same?
What is the offsets for both?

Thanks!!
I'd hate to think I got all this going, but my questions still remain unanswered. Can anyone help me here please?
Old 02-26-2003, 05:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Thanks Kompman for going back to the original question and i would like yall to friggin drop that comments that are non-relevant to the Maybach Directory Compilation Thread. Thanks.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:17 PM
Banned

C230K
Originally posted by vraa
Thanks Kompman for going back to the original question and i would like yall to friggin drop that comments that are non-relevant to the Maybach Directory Compilation Thread. Thanks.
You know how we do! It's all good in da hood. Fo sheezy!

Translated from Ghetto speak:
I try to do my best to please. I'm happy to ablige such a great audience. Surely!
Old 02-26-2003, 05:35 PM

Originally posted by ktm
can u say HATER?
Old 02-26-2003, 05:37 PM
Banned

C230K
Why you gots to be playa hatin? I'm a PIMP!! Well, I'm SomNLikeAPimp!
Old 02-26-2003, 05:42 PM

Re: Re: To KTM's Earlier Post

Originally posted by ktm
The point has been made, but you still do not get it. If you have to ask these questions, you obviously see the Maybach as just another piece of sheet metal, nothing more. You obviously have other agendas here, calling me a racist and such.

By all means, purchase one and add your wing, 28 inch wheels, make it bounce and add another 20 speakers. Then please show it to the world in the most public way so they will all see what an esteemed professional would do to "embellish" the car. I'm sure anyone with any real class will make the appropriate observations. You and Jay-Z should have a nice time "sweatin some bitc*es".

If you can take one thing from this thread, please remember:

Wealth DOES NOT EQUATE to Class!
I definitely did not and do not equate wealth to class. Anyone can look at your post and see bigotry and racism. Your last post really shows the hollowness in your character, "You and Jay-Z should have a nice time "sweatin some bitc*es" ". Is so much profanity necessary? I see the Maybach as a very exclusive automobile. My questions have not been answered because you choose to dance around them.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:46 PM
Banned

C230K
Um... they don't make 28 inch wheels. Shaq has the largest set at 26" on his Hummer. Not to be techinical, but if we are going to talk let's atleast make the car talk accurate even if we can't agree on character issues. (Which in my opinion I thought this was a CAR FORUM)
Old 02-26-2003, 06:42 PM
ktm

Re: Re: Re: To KTM's Earlier Post

Originally posted by internet_mafia
Anyone can look at your post and see bigotry and racism.
Interesting you refer to me as a racist again. Please read (once again) my original post. Do you associate gangsters and drug dealers with a specific race? Funny, you know I don't. Which race am I referring to in your opinion?
Old 02-26-2003, 06:46 PM

As soon as someone said that Sean P.Diddy and Jay Z bought maybachs, you posted your famous "women and thugs hanging all over the car" post. You didn't have to name a race because your very first post post was based on a certain ethnic group to begin with.

Last edited by internet_mafia; 02-26-2003 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah you sound pretty racist to me. I dont knock you for it, your parents probably just raised you that way, its not 100% your fault.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do you know anyone, who ordered Maybach?