Maybach (W240) Produced 2002-2012

Maybach or Phantom?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find the Phantom and Maybach to be two different vechiles. Although they are catagorized in the same class the Phantom is a drivers car and the Maybach 62 is a car to be driven in. The maybach has all the electronics as a circuit city but shows all the buttons and switches. The one thing i like about the Phantom is that everything is hidden with class. You dont see the wood veenerd tables at the back of the seats, the yare covered with leather. I would rather prefer the Rolls-Royce because its class, like someone said on this forum that the Maybach is an S-class on steriods.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes all the way!
for me, it would definitely be the Maybach. I still think those lights are ugly, but the car is just so frigging well-made you forget all about it. sure, Phantom might draw more stares, but is that what you really want? When I step in the Maybach I know where my money goes--the quality just blows you away. In comparison the Phantom feels distinctly ordinary inside--if quite uniquely retro--my particular gripe is those aluminium door handles that look and feel like painted plastic! not impressive. the Phantom is a design statement. the Maybach is a display of what quality really means.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:02 PM
Guest0001

2005 Arnage
Attached Thumbnails Maybach or Phantom?-05-bent.jpg  
Old 11-12-2004, 01:58 PM

or get to drive: Xkr! >gs4> 04 sienna xle
Lightbulb Phantom all the way!

They are both in a league of their own- this is a given; however one is cuising in a first class - limo .One is cuiser the p-h-a-t limo...period

Phantom!!!
... cooler
....sexier
....exclusive

When your spending as much as you are; get the coolest one- the one with an umbrella, complimentary delivery service, and automatic emblem dissapearing when the car is off !!!
Old 12-09-2004, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by f_natic
They are both in a league of their own- this is a given; however one is cuising in a first class - limo .One is cuiser the p-h-a-t limo...period

Phantom!!!
... cooler
....sexier
....exclusive

When your spending as much as you are; get the coolest one- the one with an umbrella, complimentary delivery service, and automatic emblem dissapearing when the car is off !!!
not that I could afford any of them, but if i had say enough money to go for either, I would take the phantom over the maybach. maybach is god but from inside it doesnt look that much different than a S Class, an S Class limo would probably have similar interior....Whereas the Phantom is different.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:27 PM

1999 SLK230 Manual
Maybach

Maybach is so technically advanced from RR. The 57 features the same interior room, the DVD system is standard, whilst an option on the RR. Structurally the RR cannot have a sunroof. I've driven the Maybach 57 and would take the understated elegance over the freightliner front of the RR.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:30 PM

Phantom like a champ....when every ones Maybachs and Bentlys (VW Phaton with a different dress....) are breaking down, the RR is still going strong.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:48 PM

04 S55 ////AMG, 04 Yukon XL Denali, 02 BMW X5 4.4i, SL65 ////AMG
Originally Posted by Messerchmidt
Phantom like a champ....when every ones Maybachs and Bentlys (VW Phaton with a different dress....) are breaking down, the RR is still going strong.
You do understand that a Bently is a pimped out more expensive Rolls Royce... And why do you hate on Mercedes so much- which leads to why are you on this forum? RR really arn't that great bub, I would take the Bently over it ANY DAY. I've seen a bunch of those Phantoms around and I will say that they are very impressive in person.

Last edited by BrabusS55AMG; 02-08-2005 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Messerchmidt
Urban myth. The level of ongoing service to keep a RR happy is far above that of the humble Maybach. You cant rely on one race event as a testament to a current reality.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:44 PM

S500 4MATIC
yes i do mind you saying

since when is it ok to say negro? If you dont mind me saying your a narrow minded red neck cracker!
Just because the phantom is in every other rap video doesnt mean its a 'negro's' car.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by shangrila80
since when is it ok to say negro? If you dont mind me saying your a narrow minded red neck cracker!
Just because the phantom is in every other rap video doesnt mean its a 'negro's' car.
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you- I was just using that as an example of how tacky they can be. I'll just say African-American from now on- Sorry again.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
If I were spending that type of money on a ride, I wouldn't go for either. Give me a used Murcielago & SL55 for the price of a RR or Maybach.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:43 PM

S500 4MATIC
Originally Posted by BrabusS55AMG
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you- I was just using that as an example of how tacky they can be. I'll just say African-American from now on- Sorry again.
No problem, i wasnt offended or anything just that a lot of people would be. I take your point about how they can make them very tacky.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:36 PM

a Few Nice cars.
Maybach for me if I had to choose,im pro Benz all the way so no RR or Bently for me.But if i had it my way it would be a 06 S55 AMG Metalic Silver with Black Leather.and 20'' Blades!
Old 02-08-2005, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by BenzKid24
06 S55 AMG Metalic Silver with Black Leather.and 20'' Blades!
OR a Black on gray with chrome AMG rims
Attached Thumbnails Maybach or Phantom?-mvc-015s.jpg   Maybach or Phantom?-mvc-016s.jpg   Maybach or Phantom?-mvc-010s.jpg   Maybach or Phantom?-mvc-019s.jpg  
Old 02-09-2005, 11:24 PM

a Few Nice cars.
Nah.Dont get me wrong bro your Ride is PHAT,But here in Texas,and Black car is HELL.my Uncles w220 S500 is black and is ALLWAYS Filthy!,But yeah S55 is the bomb!!!BTW I might buy my 20's tomorrow for my S500.My goes into the Paint shop Friday or early next week. total repaint 7 layer paint. 2tone(no damage other then stone chips from a 18 wheeler and new front glass)and since its getting a showroom look again.getting new chrome 20'' blades!! I will post pics asap.Hey bra,I love your car though,I really hope everythign goes well for me so i can own a s55 too
just wondering you a young guy like me?? i think the s55 is a youngmans S-CLASS???!
Old 02-11-2005, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Ill take the Phantom thank you very much. Also when did bently become a pimped out rolls royce? Bentleys have always been the cheaper of the two when they were together, and they still are. How ever with that said my dream car is an Azure white coupé with white interior, on 19s or 20s. I love the look of the azure its so nice. Id still take a phantom over an arnage, and i might take the new Rolls Royce convert over the azure if they make it look good.

My choice for this though would be an Aston Martin Vanquish S, or a DB9.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:39 PM

Mercedes C32SC AMG
Phantom of course! It was a car of world leaders (except Germans who used to have old maybachs) and it should be a car of world leaders! ITS ROLLS-ROYCE!!! I think Maybach 62 or 57 (its still Mercedes) is UNCOMPARABLE to the ROLLS-ROYCE PHANTOM! I have a big reason why! Why? Because it has a name, worlds famous name, worlds most respected name : ROLLS-ROYCE!
Old 02-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MersAMG
Phantom of course! It was a car of world leaders (except Germans who used to have old maybachs) and it should be a car of world leaders! ITS ROLLS-ROYCE!!! I think Maybach 62 or 57 (its still Mercedes) is UNCOMPARABLE to the ROLLS-ROYCE PHANTOM! I have a big reason why! Why? Because it has a name, worlds famous name, worlds most respected name : ROLLS-ROYCE!
Ha ..... which car does the President of USA ride in, Japan, France ......

Too many late nights looking at the internet perhaps. I for one would be dissapointed if the leaders of Indonesia bought a Rolls with the billion or so Australia sent in aid.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:27 PM

a Few Nice cars.
Originally Posted by MersAMG

Check your History Dude,Karl Benz made the FIRST car EVER,there 2004 Book talks about it and my Mercedes-Benz Book talks about it.Mercedes was FIRST...They Patented the Airbag FIRST they patented the "Seat Look" style for powerseats FIRST.Mercedes-Benz is and allwayz be FIRST. RR;s are awesome dont get me wrong but Mr. Benz did it First and Maybach are NOT Mercedes,they are group with them since Benz,Dimaler and Maybach were all good friends back in the hay day but Maybach is a completly different company,that happens to work with Dimaler/Chrysler on the Maybach cars.Yes they have Mercedes parts,but so does the Crossfire and even the New PT Cruisers have Mercedes parts that doesnt make them Mercedes.So find the facts out first...just like Karl Benz did...FIRST!
Old 10-29-2005, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2001 E430
For what its worth

I've rode in a Maybach 62 a few times but have yet to ride in a Phantom. After talking to two different drivers they both said they prefer driving the Maybach to the RR. Both drivers say its not even a close choice. BTW in my experience the Maybach is far and away the nicest car I have rode in. From a distance they may not look like much but up close they will blow you away.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1967 Morris Cooper "S", 1983 911SC, 1997 Toyota Tacoma, 1999 HD FXSTB, 1998 C43
Saw a Maybach in ATL...what a letdown that was.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:41 PM

Mercedes all the way!
haha, wait til you see the phantom in person - looks like an overstyled plastic container. there are so many lines across the front (and i'm not even talking about the grille) and the retracting hood ornament is not even hand-made - and you most definitely CAN see it's not - looks unbelievably cheap considering it's the epitome of luxury. sure it'll impress casual mag readers but, as i said above, the quality isn't there until you really spec it up, taking it well beyond list price. and yes, i've sat in (though not driven) both.

the maybach's biggest flaw in my opinion is the front - it's just wrong. looks like a japanese attempt at luxury. but inside, boy oh boy, absolutely unbelievable quality. still, i really wish it shared less parts with the S-class.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:05 AM

2005 Mercedes C-Class
Phantom all the way!
Old 11-03-2005, 10:21 AM

2007 E550
Maybach is Better!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Maybach or Phantom?