Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

All is not well with the MP4-21

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C240 Sport Manual
All is not well with the MP4-21

Norbert Haug has reinforced speculation that, just three weeks ahead of the 2006 season, McLaren is struggling.

The German, competition director for engine partner Mercedes-Benz, admitted to the Stuttgarter Nachrichten newspaper that all is not well with the MP4-21 package.

Haug said: ''We will have a difficult start to the season, but we will also have the strength to then catch up.''

The biggest problem, apparently, is with the Mercedes V8 engine, but an updated specification showed off some speed at the Valencia test last week.

Reliability, however, is another weakness.

Haug admitted that whether or not Kimi Raikkonen renews his team contract for 2007 and beyond will depend on the silver car's pace.

''Depending on the equipment we give him, Kimi will make his decision,'' Norbert said.

Article from F1-Live.com. Let's hope they're sandbagging.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:49 AM
Banned

F248 F1
I'm pretty sure Kimi is off to Ferrari and next year will be MS last year...or at least im hoping for that..( i dont want him to retire this year ! )

As for the Macas...hmm they were pretty impressive at Jerez the past few days...i think its that darn v8 keeping them from being at the top of the sheets...they have one of the best aero packages if not the best...

I think Ferrari is getting some life back in them after checking out their times in Bahrain...i'm very impress with their times there...the F248 is getting its stuff together and it seems like its another winning season for the red team ( i should start putting down some bets).
Old 02-23-2006, 09:38 AM

2001 C240 Sport Manual
Ferrari back? Schumi hasn't completed a testing period since they've been in Bahrain. They have huge reliability problems on the F248's V8. It's one thing to post a fast lap, but you need to finish the race. Just ask McLaren about that! LOL
Old 02-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Banned

F248 F1
LOL !! mclaren are experts on that i know...i think both of them have very good aero packages--reliabily is hunting ferrari since last year with all that tranny problems...did the ferrari engine go up in smoke ? i dont think it did in bahran ...i thought it was tranny problems ?...perhaps some more tranny problems or electronic gimnics..hmm mclaren aiyee i say forget that ilmor engine and get some new hearts to pump up that car to first place...i would love to see ferrari and the macas fighting for first...kimi vs MS