Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Schumacher returns to F1 - Forza Massa!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife wild, but she loves every minute of it.
Schumacher returns to F1 - Forza Massa!

As you must have read by now, Michael will sub for Felipe for the balance of the season - or until Felipe can return to racing.

I suspect that with a child on the way, and nothing left to prove, Felipe will retire. Serious head injuries tend to change one, and they never return to their prior condition. His accident immediately reminded me of Moss and Da Matta.

God speed you to a full and fast recovery,
Old 07-31-2009, 01:35 PM

Schumacher is testing the F2007 today

Schumacher is testing the F2007 today. Videos are on Youtube. He appears to have retained his surgical precision, going fast and smooth.

Ferrari have asked for permission for him to test the F60.

Valencia could be a very interesting race.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:53 PM

Don't have a Mercedes right now...
Originally Posted by Jen_Kenne
Schumacher is testing the F2007 today. Videos are on Youtube. He appears to have retained his surgical precision, going fast and smooth.

Ferrari have asked for permission for him to test the F60.

Valencia could be a very interesting race.
Schumacher returning to F1 is fantastic news but I wish that Ferrari wouldn't start looking to find loopholes to let him practice with the F2007 car and also use political means to let him test their current car as well!

I actually feel bad for JA and the rest of the newcomer drivers since their teams don't have the budget nor the political connections to be have them properly prepare for the race.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by kchristos
Schumacher returning to F1 is fantastic news but I wish that Ferrari wouldn't start looking to find loopholes to let him practice with the F2007 car and also use political means to let him test their current car as well!

I actually feel bad for JA and the rest of the newcomer drivers since their teams don't have the budget nor the political connections to be have them properly prepare for the race.
It's not a loophole for him to be practicing in the F2007. I think they're being transparent in their request for the FIA to allow him to drive the F60.

What concerns me most is not Schumacher's temporary appearance, especially now that Felipe is going home Monday. What worries me is the pullout of Honda, BMW, and the same being considered by Renault and Mercedes. If the manufacturers leave F1, we're back to the kit-car era of Cosworth powered cars - and that is exactly what Max wants.

God speed you to a complete and speedy recovery, Felipe.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:55 AM

Update on Schumacher

Schumacher put in 67 laps at Mugelo in a privately owned F2007 shod with GP2 slicks. He was 2 tenths faster than Massa's best time in the new F60.

The FIA has now given him permission to test the new F60 in preparation for his standing in for Felipe Massa at Valencia.

This could be interesting.

The sound you hear in the background is Lulu crying.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:35 PM

It's not a loophole for him to be practicing in the F2007. I think they're being transparent in their request for the FIA to allow him to drive the F60.

What concerns me most is not Schumacher's temporary appearance, especially now that Felipe is going home Monday. What worries me is the pullout of Honda, BMW, and the same being considered by Renault and Mercedes. If the manufacturers leave F1, we're back to the kit-car era of Cosworth powered cars - and that is exactly what Max wants.

God speed you to a complete and speedy recovery, Felipe.
I agree with you regarding the pullout of the manufacturers, I think the FIA has been driving towards that direction for a long time eventually making the sport less appealing to the manufacturers. it's pretty sad really.

Regarding MS, I do think it is a loophole simply because all the other teams would and should be doing the same thing allowing their new drivers like JA of Toro Rosso or even the existent drivers to test F1 cars in order to keep their reactions sharp of resolving to shifter karts essentially defeating the purpose of test ban which was to save money! Especially JA came to F1 from F3, a by far slower series without a single day testing in an F1 car and he too had concerns regarding his fitness level, neck etc.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:18 PM

I agree with you regarding the pullout of the manufacturers, I think the FIA has been driving towards that direction for a long time eventually making the sport less appealing to the manufacturers. it's pretty sad really.

Regarding MS, I do think it is a loophole simply because all the other teams would and should be doing the same thing allowing their new drivers like JA of Toro Rosso or even the existent drivers to test F1 cars in order to keep their reactions sharp of resolving to shifter karts essentially defeating the purpose of test ban which was to save money! Especially JA came to F1 from F3, a by far slower series without a single day testing in an F1 car and he too had concerns regarding his fitness level, neck etc.
I agree. A new driver, such as Jaime, should be REQUIRED to test in an F1 car before being allowed to race. The testing ban - and the factory shutdown rule - are just two examples of stupid rules from Max Max and the FIA. As one of my friends on FOAS wrote, Max may not have attended a **** orgy, but he was probably conceived at one.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:35 PM

... Max may not have attended a **** orgy, but he was probably conceived at one.
haha it wouldn't surprise me

What kind of car is Segway quad-turbo ? BTW, I live in Ft. Lauderdale too, do you attend any car events such as ER or anything else ?
Old 08-02-2009, 03:36 PM

haha it wouldn't surprise me

What kind of car is Segway quad-turbo ? BTW, I live in Ft. Lauderdale too, do you attend any car events such as ER or anything else ?
Considering the old man's political background, ...

I've been here since 1995, and I'm finding it more interesting to reinvolve myself in car stuf than local politics. I'm pretty regular in attending the Cavallino Classic, and used to go to the odd MB Club and Ferrari Club Event. My main limitation is living in a highrise on the Galt where doing anything on your car is prohibited. That puts me in a search for a shop to make a few tweaks on my E500.

How about you? Events? Garages? Etc?

Last edited by Jen_Kenne; 08-02-2009 at 03:38 PM.