Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

F1 Bahrain Results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 09:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E420
F1 Bahrain Results

Press Release taken from http://www.emercedesbenz.com/autos/m...n-race-report/

Nico Rosberg and Michael Schumacher brought their MERCEDES GP PETRONAS cars home in fifth and sixth positions respectively at the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix today.

Starting on the option tyres from fifth on the grid, Nico had a great start to overtake Lewis Hamilton into turn six to move up to fourth. Michael, starting from seventh on the grid, was running in sixth and also using the softer rubber.

The pair made only one stop during the race, Michael on lap 15 and Nico on lap 16, to switch to the prime tyres. Nico lost a position to Hamilton at the stops and they remained in fifth and sixth positions for the remainder of the 49-lap race. Nico chased down Sebastian Vettel at the end of the race but was unable to pass in the turbulent air.

Today’s result puts MERCEDES GP PETRONAS in third position in the Constructors’ Championship with 18 points.

NICO ROSBERG

“I had a great start today and was happy to be running in fourth position by the end of the first lap. However I lacked pace on the option tyres in the first stint and struggled for pace. Lewis beat me on strategy in the pit stop which we need to analyse later and see what happened. I couldn’t quite get Sebastian at the end as I lost grip in the dirty air when I got close. However fifth place is a good start for us and I am confident that we can develop well from here.”

MICHAEL SCHUMACHER

“After three years away, I’m happy to say that I had fun out there today, especially at the beginning with the good start that I had. I can live very well with sixth position and it gives both me and the team a good base to make progress. I have every confidence that we will improve the car. Working with the team for our first race together was very positive and the guys did a great job so I would like to thank them for their support in my comeback race. We all know that we have some way to go but we will get there. The season is long.”
Old 03-16-2010, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C Class
for their first race Team Mercedes did a good job and now the improvments come like Mclaren mess about with last year. with Ross Brawn Mercedes will give the other teams a good fight
Old 03-16-2010, 01:40 PM

A-Class
Angry

This was an horrible race...so dull I even fell asleep!!! There was no competion...no overtaking!!! that is not a race...only a bunch of fancy cars taking some laps on an expensive track surrounded by sand!!! It was ridiculous!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 04:26 AM

Mercedes C Class
its cause there are no more fuel stops so the cars start with full tanks and are heavier
hopefully there will go back to fueling next year
Old 03-17-2010, 06:04 AM

A-Class
Angry

Originally Posted by tobi grier
its cause there are no more fuel stops so the cars start with full tanks and are heavier
hopefully there will go back to fueling next year
yeah I know, but still if cars could overtake...it would still be fun...arerodynamics are killing F1. The cars can't come close to each other!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 12:28 PM

A-Class
Smile

Nice pic made by ferrari to celebrate one-two podium finish at Bahrain!!!!

The 599 HY-KERS, the 458 Italia and the F10 making the Italian flag!!! Like it very much...it has become my desktop environnment for the next days!!! :P:na ughty::naughty :
Attached Thumbnails F1 Bahrain Results-tricolore-ferrarir.jpg  
Old 03-18-2010, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by toovo1985
This was an horrible race...so dull I even fell asleep!!! There was no competion...no overtaking!!! that is not a race...only a bunch of fancy cars taking some laps on an expensive track surrounded by sand!!! It was ridiculous!!!
totally agree, it wasn't worth to wake up at 7am Sunday
Old 03-18-2010, 02:26 PM

A-Class
Originally Posted by Karlson
totally agree, it wasn't worth to wake up at 7am Sunday
I didn't have to wake so early as it was at 12, but still couldn't escape a little sleep over :P the party was almost until dawn on saturday!!!