Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Mark Webber anyone have any opinions off him?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
996 Turbo
Mark Webber anyone have any opinions off him?

I confess to have only seen very little from this driver in terms of viewing time but from what little I have seen this guy is beyond talented. Some of the shots of him controlling snap oversteer from that pathetic Jaguar car where simply astounding

I was actually very suprised when he extended his contract to Jaguar till 2005/2006. I was sure till that point he would make the smart move and move higher up the ranks either to McLaren or Williams for the 2004 season.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
Re: Mark Webber anyone have any opinions off him?

Originally posted by FInality
I confess to have only seen very little from this driver in terms of viewing time but from what little I have seen this guy is beyond talented. Some of the shots of him controlling snap oversteer from that pathetic Jaguar car where simply astounding
I agree. I think Webber will win a World Championship someday, and for some reason I have the feeling it will be with Williams.

Originally posted by FInality
I was actually very suprised when he extended his contract to Jaguar till 2005/2006. I was sure till that point he would make the smart move and move higher up the ranks either to McLaren or Williams for the 2004 season.
One of the big teams could buy him out of this contract if necessary. This is what McLaren had to do with Kimi, they had to pay Sauber around $5-10 million to secure his services.

Cheers, BT
Old 06-25-2003, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
Yeah, I'm looking forward to some great racing in the future between Kimi, Webber, and Alonso. Hopefully Kimi can win the championship before these other guys get a competitive car. They'll be tough.