Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

R. Scumacher is such a little b!%ch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2003 | 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
R. Scumacher is such a little b!%ch

He totally messed up Kimi's chance at a win. Kimi had a great take off, he looked like a slingshot when he passed Barichello, but then Shuey jr. had to fack it all up! This was a very important race, with Michael getting a flat. Now Montoya is 6 points away from Michael. Kimi would have definitely either won or come in second, if not for Ralph
Old 08-04-2003 | 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe
Thats the second time he's been screwed by a moron at the start this season! He could be winning if it wasn't for those two. He definitely would have had at least second yesterday. That sucked.
Old 08-04-2003 | 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
Ralf has paid the price. He's penalized 10 spots on the grid for the next race, which is Hungary, where it is nigh-impossible to pass. Say good-bye to your championship chances, Ralf.

Even if he hadn't been in the accident, I'm not sure if Kimi would have had enough car for Montoya, though. He was flying!
Old 08-04-2003 | 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Good, i did not know that about the next race, too bad Ralp. Yeah JP was flying, but i really think that the race would have been different if Kimi was in it, maybe he wouldn't have won, but 2nd place would have been really good for points. I mean he had a great launch, who knows what would have happened.
Old 08-05-2003 | 11:19 AM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Originally posted by trench
Ralf has paid the price. He's penalized 10 spots on the grid for the next race, which is Hungary, where it is nigh-impossible to pass. Say good-bye to your championship chances, Ralf.

Even if he hadn't been in the accident, I'm not sure if Kimi would have had enough car for Montoya, though. He was flying!
If the FIA really intend to start enforcing Article 53, then there are going to be alot of drivers shoved to the back on occasion.

I don't really understand why Raikkonen thought he could make that left-side pass on Barrichello with turn one (to the right) so close to the start-finish line. IMO, he put himself in a bad position to begin with, as three-abreast doesn't work into that 90 degree kink. There have been so many accidents there, you would think one would learn...

The overhead replay shows Ralf moving (slightly) to the left, but not enough in my opinion to warrant the penalty. They all do it... that OTHER Schumacher is king at it.
Old 08-05-2003 | 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
Originally posted by MB-BOB
The overhead replay shows Ralf moving (slightly) to the left, but not enough in my opinion to warrant the penalty. They all do it... that OTHER Schumacher is king at it.
I guess what pushed the stewards to impose the penalty is that RS admitted that he didn't really know where any of the other cars were in relation to his.

From Autosport:
Race stewards ruled that Schumacher caused Sunday's crash, concluding "that Ralf Schumacher began to move left to obtain a better racing line for the first corner. Ralf Schumacher admitted paying no attention to the position of the other cars during this manoeuvre."
By the way, Bob, Spa is back on the calendar for next year.
Old 08-05-2003 | 07:58 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Yes, I read this. Point is, he wouldn't be the first to admit not caring about knowing his position relative to other drivers.

I'm thinking Suzuka, 1989...

Originally posted by trench
By the way, Bob, Spa is back on the calendar for next year.
Woohoo, I wonder if Bernie took a smart pill? Wishful thinking on my part, I know. More likely, the Belgian government caved. Bernie could probably afford to buy that country, anyway.

Last edited by MB-BOB; 08-05-2003 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-06-2003 | 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
Originally posted by MB-BOB
Yes, I read this. Point is, he wouldn't be the first to admit not caring about knowing his position relative to other drivers.

I'm thinking Suzuka, 1989...
Are you thinking of Suzuka 1989 or 1990? Although, same players, same overall result with respect to the Championship.

Of course, it was because of these two and MS's antics that the governing body has had to put in "sportsmanship" rules.
Old 08-18-2003 | 04:49 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
I suppose I'm thinking of both years.