Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Is it me or was Mclaren scared to run last night at practice!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Is it me or was Mclaren scared to run last night at practice!!!!

Ferrari looked like they have not missed a beat since last year. Schumacher and Bazzicheli (I spelled it wrong 4 sure) were un-catchable. JP Montoya was ripping it also-I have a feeling it is going to be a long season for Mclaren-Mercedes, but i hope i'm wrong!
Old 03-01-2002, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
Well they ran a little better in the first practice on Saturday. Third and fourth (about a second ahead of the Williams - where they had been in testing). Unfortuantely those pesky Ferraris were over a second faster. Probably teething troubles with the new cars, I'm hoping that Ferrari will be in a similar posistion when they field the new one - though at this rate one wonders why they even bothered to design a new Ferrari this year.

BT
Old 03-01-2002, 06:46 PM

ex-C32
I didn't see the practice but did see the results. DC and Kimi were well off the leading pace. And Sauber was quite surprising. It is nice to see a three way battle for the podium.

But to see Kimi ahead of DC says that DC is working out some issues. Kimi seems to be pretty inconsisent but might show DC up a few races this year.

Norm
Old 03-01-2002, 07:42 PM

C230 K coupe Orion blue, Evo, prem leather roof, premium sound and cd changer, auto.
DC

DC was consistently slower than Kimi in Valencia testing, so it may not be surprising that DC was outperformed by Kimi in Australian practice sessions. As for Schumi, he really is in a class of his own. I still think a lot of American fans are still deluded in believing that Juan is a better driver than Ralph, LOL:p
The Saubers are doing very well and are reliable because they are using Ferrari engines. Any how, all the above is my opinion and the only thing that matters are the results after Sundays race.
Old 03-01-2002, 10:56 PM

ex-C32
Qualifying looks a little better even though rain through it a curve.

1) Rubens Barrichello, Ferrari, 1:25.843
2) Michael Schumacher, Ferrari, 1:25.848
3) Ralf Schumacher, Williams, 1:26.279
4) David Coulthard, McLaren, 1:26.446
5) Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren, 1:27.161
6) Juan Pablo Montoya, Williams, 1:27.249

Norm