Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 ML320 Key Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 ML320 Key Problem

I'm living in a north part of Switzerland and I suspect the regional delaer don't have too much experience to put the finger on the problem I have.
I had frequent lost synchronisation in the past. My ML320 '99, had a cycle of 2-3 days working, 2-3 days stopped. I mean ignition no start. Please note: the small light on the head of the anti-theft device blinks, and no error on the mileage display. With both keys. After some time, both key lost also the remote function (open/close doors). good batteries, but that's the situation. I went to the garage, and ordered a new Key from Germany + change that part where we insert the key. Working fine for 2-3 days again. Now I have 3 keys: the old keys 1&2 with, normally, no function, and the third one with good remote but start no ignition. I tried to resync., no result. The car is again to that delaer ( I have some advantages now to go there). Do YOU have some inputs? It sound very weird for me, I didn't see any similar post here...Thans a lot!
Old 10-17-2005, 01:36 PM

ml key problem

i to have had a problem with my 2000 ml.i left it at an airport for two weeks and when i came back i had a START ERROR message in the mileage display.fortunatley the mb dealers fixed it in an hour at the cost of 110 pounds (keys had came un proggramed).which wasnt bad because 2 other mb dealers said that thay were 95 percent sure it was the battery which would of cost maybe more if i would have replaced myself.,still happy days
Old 10-20-2005, 01:24 PM

i wrote before saying that my ml keys came un coded and it was fixed at the dealers.well the day i picked it up it wouldnt start again same problem as before ,this time its going to cost 560 pounds to sovle the problem , cheers mercedes.