Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Faulty MAF? Please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Faulty MAF? Please help!

For the past 2 days, my car has been acting up and I was wondering if this could be due to a faulty MAF? I drive a 209 240 V6.
As I'm coming out of a turn, I would step on the gas pedal enough for the engine to drop a gear (or two) and everything would happen as per normal...the RPM goes up, my engine roars and downshifts, and just as my mind and body are ready for the "take off", there's a flat spot for about 2 seconds. It almost feels like I just hit the brakes...so it's not the normal lag I'm already used to. I steal a glimpse of my RPM and it's still up there, so the engine's still roaring, but my car isn't surging forward...2 seconds later, I feel the kick, without sputter. Sometimes It seems to happen whenever I'm coming out of a turn, but not when I floor it going straight. Normal driving seems to be fine.
ANyone has had this problem before? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by 209MAD; 07-16-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
How much fuel do you have in the tank when this is happening?
it sounds like fuel slosh in the tank.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 ML 320, 2003 CBR600F4i, 99 Eclipse GSX
There is nothing worse than trying to diagnose a car on the internet, but I can offer some help. Does the car idle poorly? When you have a bad MAF most of the time idle is noticibly poorer. Is drivability affected in any other way other than wide open throttle?