Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering Modules? which one does one get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 S55 & 97 T88h Supra
Lowering Modules? which one does one get?

well, i tried posting in the model specific forums but figured this would be better place to get opinions from all mercedes owners. I have a 2006 S55 AMG and am planning on having it lowered a little bit. I also have a set of wheels on its way in about 6-8 weeks hopefully. Rims are 20x9 and 20x10. I wanted to lower it first so they can measure exact specs before making the rim.

Question: there are a ton of lowering modules out there. Carlsson, Brabus, Kleeman, MBK, and more. Which one do you guys recommend? Any horror stories with lowering modules and warranty issues? any information would help greatly. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Just my opinion but.... I had an '03 SL500 w/AMG body kit and it was lowered. The continual scraping of the front spoiler (in and out of parking lots, intersection turns and valet parkers) reeeeeeally took its toll on the front end and my nerves. The plastic stone deflector under the car eventually was torn off. Not to mention how bad the spoiler looked.

I have a '05 SL500 w/AMG body kit now. There is no way I will lower this car. Bigger wheels yes.

My opinion is once you pay over 40 to 50 grand for a car its not worth lowering the suspension for the look. I thougt I could handle it. I was wrong. (Of course I thought I could handle crack too.....kidding)