Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front end vibrasion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 10:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 Bluetec, 1996 S320 & 2006 E320 CDI Sold to my son & 2017 GMC 2500 Diesel Pick up
front end vibrasion

I have a "96 S320 that has a front end Vibrasion. I have had the tires balanced over and over. The a few weeks ago I bought a set of 17" wheels with new tires. Still have the same problem!! I starts about 45 mph untill 50/55 mpa Any Ideas?
Dura
Old 09-13-2005, 04:44 PM
liz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
had vibration also. sa said it was do to a combo of all of the following;
1. bent rim (given to me by dealership when new tires were put on (NICE).
2. high speed balancing. when new tires were installed (believe it or not) they forgot to balance the tires.still had vibration after balancing.
3. rotors are out of round. Haven't fixed this yet as I am sure that will become another issue.

vibration was better after hsb. was done, however there is still some vibration. bent rim has been relocated to the rear of the car. so I feel the poor rotors are a contributing factor. LOL. please post if you find a cure.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:44 PM
twr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many miles? If a lot, may be the lower front A-Arm bushings. Had '97 S420 that nothing but replacing them would stop vibration (kind of shimmy) between 50-65 mph. Shops seem to be largely ignorant of the fix. Most won't put in the bushing kit, the replace the whole A arm (expensive) SUPRISE SUPRISE!