Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPDATE on door problem with S55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 10:08 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPDATE on door problem with S55

Well I think I figured out the cause of my door problem but haven't been able to get to the dealer to confirm it. I had some aftermarket tint done last week and that's when things stopped working. Of course, after I search the internet on this problem, I see a Consumer Guide page about problems with 2000-2003 S-Class getting aftermarket tint done. It says that the soapy water can get into the door control module and damage it. NOW I see that.
Anyway, I contact the tint place to see if they have any insurance to cover damage done during tinting. This kid that answer immediately get defensive and goes nuts! He started cursing and getting really beligerant and then hangs up on me!! I just asked ONE question and told him my door module was damage and get all that! I tried calling back, asked to speak with the owner, was threatened and then hung up on again. At this point, I gave up trying to reason with this kid. I then called my credit card company and gave them the story and disputed the charge. I'm not sure how this will end up.. but we'll see. I also contacted my BBB and put a complaint in with them.

Anyway, we'll see what the dealer comes up with once I get it in there. Luckily, both modules weren't damaged. Has anyone ever dealt with anything like this before? Is this something my car insurance can pay for? What would be my best option at this point?? ANY advice or suggestions would greatly be appreciated!!

Thanks!
Dave
daw@jhu.edu