Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing Data Card

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 ML 350
Question Missing Data Card

I did not receive a Vehicle Data card with my '06 350 CLK.
Can all the data found on a card be found by a dealer via the internet using the vehicle VIN?
Old 11-13-2005, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Yes, and ask/tell them to get it for you. It's more detailed than the window sticker and may bring you more questions than answers. I'm interested in moving to the 350 CLK....any missgivings, suggestions, or 'gotchas' so far?
Old 11-13-2005, 02:29 PM

2006 ML 350
Thumbs up

After 4000 miles, my only complaint is that the seals between the door windows and rear side windows seem to be problimatic. Mine leak water when useing the car wash. They were adjusted to no avail. (I'm just going to have to wash the car by hand!). The handling is quit good. Different size front and rear tires are a small issue (ie: you can't rotate front to back etc.) Rear leg room is minimal and rear passengers except children will have difficulty getting in and out, but these are common issues with all coupes. I think the design and styling is quit appealing with more functionality for the $ than the SLK or SL. The 350 V6 is more than adequate for everyday performance returning about 17mpg city and 29 mpg hwy (personally observed).You will take a hit on millage with the V8, but the performance is stunning I am told.
All totaled, I would say this is a very fun and comfortable car for a couple or individual. A family should probably consider the sedan with 4 doors.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:23 PM

2006 ML 350
Exclamation

FYI / UPDATE:
I was contacted by a MBUSA rep today and told that MB is no longer providing a "vehicle data card" in new MB vehicles.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:59 PM

2001 CLK320
Vehicle data info:

This may be in a similar location on the W209's (I have a W208 model myself)

Under the trunk mat, there's a black sticker with white print on the body rail between the battery and the trunk opening facing toward the spare tire well. I noticed this when I was checking the electrolyte levels in the battery.

I checked the data card and it matched all the option codes that are printed on my paper card.

Your '06 may likely have this sticker as well. It would seem to reason the factory would put a permanent sticker on the car in case the data card was lost or not kept with the car by the owner.

They use that data to determine what service parts are associated with the various options the car was built with.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:24 AM

2006 ML 350
Thanks for the tip Hal H.. I checked my trunk compartment as you suggested, but the W209 had no such thing. This label must be only on the W208 as you intimated.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts
2002 CLK430
Originally Posted by JimDavis MT-CLK
. . . . . The 350 V6 is more than adequate for everyday performance returning about 17mpg city and 29 mpg hwy (personally observed).You will take a hit on millage with the V8, but the performance is stunning I am told.
All totaled, I would say this is a very fun and comfortable car for a couple or individual. A family should probably consider the sedan with 4 doors.
The mileage on a V8 CLK will vary. Work causes me to make a 35 mile (one way) trip into Hollywood (California) a few times a week. The mileage you see here is not uncommon for me.
Attached Thumbnails Missing Data Card-rentwreck.jpg