Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bleeding Brakes on 06 CLS 500 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS, 06 Chevy ZQ8, 07 Chevy TBSS (05 BMW M3,SOLD, 02 BMW 4.6,SOLD.
Bleeding Brakes on 06 CLS 500 AMG

Hello, I am going to change my front pads to a low dust pad and would like to know if anyone here has bled there brake system. I have been told to watch out for the brake pads clamping together if car door is opened or key is turned on during the pad change. Has anyone here changed there brake pads themselves? As for bleeding the brakes I am going to powder coat the outer part of the caliper which is held on by the 4 torx bolts which holds fluid, once this is done i will have to bleed the system. Can the CLS be pressure bled RF then LF. Will there be a brake light reset on the dash when I am done? Thanks for your help. Larry
Old 11-30-2005, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
This is a job best done by a dealer who can bleed the system with Star Diagnostics. DO NOT MESS WITH THE SBC SYSTEM.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:38 PM

Received 132 Likes on 77 Posts
S 63 Coupe, GLS 63
Agreed. DO NOT try this yourself.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:20 PM

Lexus
You dont need to bleed the brakes to change pads.. Just change the pads. Or pay the 200 or so for the dealer to do it. They wont bleed a 06 cls either no need unless air gets in... If you open it will be soft pedal time
Old 12-04-2005, 03:53 PM

2000 ML 320, 2003 CBR600F4i, 99 Eclipse GSX
I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND working on any aspect of the SBC system without it disabled. If you come out of this with missing fingers, dont say we didnt warn you. Pay the money on this one, worth much more than a mangled hand or a damaged brake system.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 W219
Find a fool bump his head. Don't get scammed by these so called MB Techs. They work for MB so they are not going to help you DIY, they are going to try to scare the Hell out you so you take your car to MB stealership and get ripped off. There is no magic to bleeding your brakes. If your brakes were working fine and all you want to do is change them. Disconnect your battery and change your brakes. Once done, reconnect your battery and job complete. You can have your brakes done at MB and they can still malfunction and Mercedes is going to concoct some story to get out of being liable. They will say something else malfunctioned and scam you again. Research this stuff for yourself. People always complain that they got a repair done at the stealership and it did not resolve their problem and when they took their car back to MB they got disrespected. You can tear your own car up for free. Your no better off at the stealership. There are plenty of DIY post on bleeding brakes. Just ignore the ones that tell you to take your car to a MB stealership.

Last edited by DDScott72; 02-13-2016 at 07:58 PM. Reason: typos