Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C320 Wagon Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C320 Wagon
C320 Wagon Issues

Hi. I own a 2002 C320 Wagon, purchased used, still under factory warranty. Lately, I have been experiencing electrical problems. Dealer installed a new power seat module and said no more battery drain. Now, the Exit/Entry convenience (reset) does not cause the seat to move back all the way; the reverse mirror feature works occassionally; and when the passenger seat is moved forward or aft, the headrest goes up. I can also hear what sounds to be an electric motor running even when the key is out - this appears to be coming from the area where the sunroof controls are. Any suggestions as to what is wrong?

The other big concern is the vibrating/rumbling sounds from the rear hatchback or suspension. Sometimes the hatch sounds as though its vibrating. Other times the rear suspension is clunky and makes rumbling sounds.

So far the dealer has been pleasant. I picked up the car on Friday and noticed the above on the ride home - this is the wife's car. The dealer has the lower control arms on order for me. I really like this car and want to keep it for a while. Please let me know if any of you have experienced similar problems. Any feedback is appreciated

Thanks,
Alan
Old 01-09-2006, 06:03 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
BMW E30. I've turned to the dark side.
Originally Posted by Alan B
Dealer installed a new power seat module and said no more battery drain. Now, the Exit/Entry convenience (reset) does not cause the seat to move back all the way; the reverse mirror feature works occassionally; and when the passenger seat is moved forward or aft, the headrest goes up.
Alan
The new version seat control module has a programmable travel length and start/stop zones for easy entry feature. these can be changed to your liking by your dealer but possibly at a charge to you. the reverse mirror feature can be related to a door control module update, but that update is more for an issue with the mirrors 'forgetting' where they were last. New DCM's fixed my reverse mirror issue along with the loosing of position in general. Otherwise, I would have to hear the noises you're talking about to be of any help.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:58 PM

2002 C320 Wagon
2002 C320 Wagon continued....

Originally Posted by benz-tech
The new version seat control module has a programmable travel length and start/stop zones for easy entry feature. these can be changed to your liking by your dealer but possibly at a charge to you. the reverse mirror feature can be related to a door control module update, but that update is more for an issue with the mirrors 'forgetting' where they were last. New DCM's fixed my reverse mirror issue along with the loosing of position in general. Otherwise, I would have to hear the noises you're talking about to be of any help.

Thanks for your feedback....The electric motor noise is coming from the area of the sunroof controls. I hear it even after 5 or 10 minutes, with key out and nothing else on.

The rear hatch/suspension sounds are twofold. First, occassional clunking & rattling. Second, vibrating (possibly rear hatch plastic).

The power accesory problem is becoming a nightmare. First a new battery. Second, a new power seat module. Now, the convenience features are out of whack. To make matters worse, the passenger seat headrest goes up when ever you move that seat foreward or rearward.

I've only had the car 4 months and its already spent 3 days in the repair shop. If this keeps up, I will unfortunately think the worst of MB and probably trade it for anything else. Too bad because I really do like this car, just find it a pain at the moment.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:02 PM
WMW

What was your fix?

Alan what was your fix? My 2002 C320 wagon is doing the same thing?
Old 11-24-2007, 10:09 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Alan B
Hi. I own a 2002 C320 Wagon, purchased used, still under factory warranty. Lately, I have been experiencing electrical problems. Dealer installed a new power seat module and said no more battery drain. Now, the Exit/Entry convenience (reset) does not cause the seat to move back all the way; the reverse mirror feature works occassionally; and when the passenger seat is moved forward or aft, the headrest goes up. I can also hear what sounds to be an electric motor running even when the key is out - this appears to be coming from the area where the sunroof controls are. Any suggestions as to what is wrong?

The other big concern is the vibrating/rumbling sounds from the rear hatchback or suspension. Sometimes the hatch sounds as though its vibrating. Other times the rear suspension is clunky and makes rumbling sounds.

So far the dealer has been pleasant. I picked up the car on Friday and noticed the above on the ride home - this is the wife's car. The dealer has the lower control arms on order for me. I really like this car and want to keep it for a while. Please let me know if any of you have experienced similar problems. Any feedback is appreciated

Thanks,
Alan
Seeing as how they just replace a seat control module, It may not be coded properly, thats one possibility I can see, without having car with SDS hooked up in person.