Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

service question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 04:40 PM
jc2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
service question

I have a question for you guys. Took my CLK320 in to get something fixed that was covered by warranty and they had to disconnect my subwoofer. Now they won't reconnect it because they say it's not a mercedes part and they don't deal with that. Is this true or is the guys just BS'ing me? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
jc
Old 12-13-2001, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
did they tell you that they were going to disconnect the subwoofer before doing it? is it damaged?

i'd be a little annoyed that they are willing to take something off but not put it back. if you're going to do something, do it right. if there is a piece of equipment that they are not qualified to remove/install, they should tell you. i had an aftermarket alarm in my old car; the dealer said that was the problem but they couldn't fix it b/c its not oem. fine by me, i took it to the place that had it installed. the dealer didn't charge me for the diagnosis and they were cool about it.
Old 12-13-2001, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
What was the orginal problem? Why did they have to disconnect the subwoofer?
Old 12-14-2001, 10:25 AM
jc2

I had to take it in because it was hard to start. I guess they had to do something inside the trunk so they had to remove the subwoofer.

They never told me that they were going to disconnect it. They didn't even tell me that they disconnected it when I picked up the car. It was only after I found out that it wasn't working and called them that they told me it was disconnected.

Nothing's broken and I've reconnected it but I'm still somewhat annoyed.
Old 12-14-2001, 06:49 PM
Out Of Control!

You should complain to the service mgr and tell them what happened. That really is a piece of work!
Old 12-15-2001, 04:22 AM

Mercedes C320
I totally agree with JamE55! They had no right to disconnect your equipment without your consent. I would bring it up with the manager. Express your disappointment in their unprofessionalism and tell them that they should respect the property of all their customers, whether it is a part under warranty or not. Give them a piece of your mind!
Old 12-22-2001, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
I agree, that's not right. If I have to disconnect something aftermarket, I hook it back up when I'm done, regardless of how cheesy it may be *coughdiscoballdomelightcough*. The car should always be delivered to the customer the same way it came in (radio station, seat position [if possible], climate control settings, etc.)