Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****satellite Radio In Dash Radio****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ****satellite Radio In Dash Radio****

I have a 05 c230 w/ the 6 disc in the glove and was wondering if it was possible to get either sirius or xm for my car in the dash radio?? I called benz and they said they wanted 500$ to install, meanwhile i see some adapter sold in circuit city, best buy, etc that was anywhere from 50-100$..but was told i couldnt use it...Am i stuck???

I dont want a additional rec. in my car, i already have a garmin street pilot hooked up and i dont want all the cluter, i just want the satellite in the dashradio...is it possible??
Old 04-13-2006, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 186 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Even if you go the Mercedes OE route, you're looking at another antenna.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Pay the money and get the OE kit. It is easy to install yourself, except the version coding needs to be done by the dealer. The coding takes five minutes, and can be done during service when the computer should be attached anyway. Your 05 is prewired, and the integration is seamless, steering wheel controls work, and you see the channel on the instrument cluster. The receiver connects to the audio system on fiber optics, which is superior to any add-on box. Better hurry, I understand the receivers are in short supply.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Moviela
Pay the money and get the OE kit. It is easy to install yourself, except the version coding needs to be done by the dealer. The coding takes five minutes, and can be done during service when the computer should be attached anyway. Your 05 is prewired, and the integration is seamless, steering wheel controls work, and you see the channel on the instrument cluster. The receiver connects to the audio system on fiber optics, which is superior to any add-on box. Better hurry, I understand the receivers are in short supply.
Do I get the OE kit from the dealer? I just though the 750$ price they were charing for the part was a little pricey for a car i lease
Old 04-16-2006, 03:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
That price is within the range the dealers charge. Wholesale is not much less, about 600.

You need to figure the utility of the integrated radio v. the time left on your lease. Luxury goods are expensive. Ever buy a scarf in an airport?

Contact MBenzNL.com, those good folks might have a unit at a more attractive price.