Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C32/C320 Swap, Tranny/Crank/oil pump compatibility?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32/C320 Swap, Tranny/Crank/oil pump compatibility?

Hello guys!

I am pretty new in here! I am a old member of 190revolution.net since I have a 190 2.3-16vlv witch I have almost compleated to modified. I am in automotive Engineer and working in CFAO.
So since my 16vlv is almost compleated, I was searching for a new project, and I have choosen the C320 Benz :P

I am projecting some modification. And I have a couple of question for you guys!

First of all, I whant to have the AMG Automatic transmission...
So does someone here knoes if the C32 Auto Tranny can fit the C320 engine??? I am planifying also to put my own electronic transmission controller... That leads me to an other question: Those the tranny is commanded by the main Engine ECU or does it has his own ECU??

Other question, I will be modifing my internal C320 engine and putting some custom Rods and piston. But I would like to avoid getting a custom Crank... So can the C32 Crankshaft be fitted in the C320 block??? Forget the rods/piston fitting problem, I am making my own. But can the C32 Crank be fitted on the cranks bearing of the C320 block?? If no what kind of machining does it requires??

Last question but not least: I whant to increase the oil pressure, and I heard that the AMG oil pump is pushing more oil.... Can I fit the C32 oil pump on the C320 engine???

Thanks alot for your help guys!!!
Old 04-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone please??

At least does someone knows if the C32 crank fit the C320 Block?