Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Self Diagnosic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 SLK55, 04 SL55
AC Self Diagnosic

Hi hopefully one of the techs will answer this but i have already asked lots of questions so they might be fed up with me but here goes.

I took my car into the dealer because every now and then the climate control makes really weird clicking noises when starting up and every time the tech gets in the car and does something to the climate control system and then its fine again something to do with a vent sensor so something but all my local dealer are the same chain and you cant speak to the techs and the SA's don't know what there on about now the tech does not use star on the car at all as i could see him getting in the car and there was no computer with him as i know that it can be used to check the system so is there some sort of built in test in the climate that the guy could be using as i said its not the end of the world i am just curious thats all its the A/C with the digital display by the way i forget is proper name at the moment sorry and it's on my SLK55.

many thanks
Dan
Old 05-26-2006, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
comon problem, defective door actuator. A small stepper motor is trying to position a little flapper weir, but is broken. There are several of these units in the system.

Tell the SA if he can't replace the offending actuator you'll stop by with your football coach on the way home from a loss, and all have a go at his showroom. (just kidding)
Old 05-26-2006, 09:32 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 SLK55, 04 SL55
Originally Posted by Moviela
comon problem, defective door actuator. A small stepper motor is trying to position a little flapper weir, but is broken. There are several of these units in the system.

Tell the SA if he can't replace the offending actuator you'll stop by with your football coach on the way home from a loss, and all have a go at his showroom. (just kidding)
Cheers mate i will get on the phone to the coach right now, you would not happen to know the exact name of the little gadget would you so i can turn up and tell them exactly what i want done also is there a test mode or is he just messing with the controls in a certain way and hoping for the best?

Thanks
Dan

Last edited by DansSlk; 05-26-2006 at 09:59 AM.