Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with Turn Signal install please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with Turn Signal install please!

ok bare with me for a sec because yeah im a noob here and this is my first benz and im kinda freakin out mannnnn.....here goes. ok i just turned my car on one day and my front left turn signal was out, so i pulled it out and changed the bulb, no response...well i do some research on here and i find that the housing that the bulb goes in has a history of burning out, so i look at it and sure enough the metal on the side of the housing has a hole burned through it. well i take it in to the service dept. which is an hour away and they wanna charge me 300 bucks to change it to a new updated housing. well i didnt want to pay that so i bought the new housing part for 32 bucks and decided i need to do it by myself. well before trying to do this new install i decided to try and fix the turn signal....well first off i mad a HUGE mistake i took out the RIGHT turn signal which was working fine and put it on the left hand side just to see if it would work. well it didnt and that one burnt out too. so now i have no front turn signals at all..well i went and bought a soldering iron and soldered some metal on these bad housings and i actually got the left one working.....now im trying to get the right one which was good in the first place to work....i have soldered it twice and every time i try to see if it works it keeps getting a hole burnt thorugh it....i still have the new updated housing part but have no idea how to install it, and man i really cant afford 300 bucks to fix it at the shop so what should i do?????? any help is greatly appreciated, i also have a damn right fog light out also, and its cracked...so if anyone knows where i can get a new foglight that would be awesome, its cracked so i gotta change the whole shibang......thanks guys oh and i drive a 2002 c230 k coupe
Old 06-28-2006, 07:05 PM

05 ML350, 85 300D
$300??? OK..thats crazy- it pays .4 of an hour under warranty, so marking up for customer pay work- 1 hr is lots for this- add 2 kits (one for each side), and it's a long way from $300..
Email me and I'll get you the info on how to install them.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:26 AM

yeah well they wanted to charge 300 bucks to do both of them so thats about 240 in labor....i cant eat that, not for just a dang blinker