Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help - Lowering my 280E

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help - Lowering my 280E

Hey everybody,

i just joined your site. so first i just want to say hi to all of you. Second of all i have a 1980 W123 280E which i am doing up. I am 18 years old, my dad is a HUGE benz fan and my car used to be his. Anyway as you can see from the picture below i managed (at a very high cost mind you) to find some nice looking wheels. Now i am getting the exhaust modified and i would like to know about lowering it. Has anybody here lowered thier W123 before? My custom rims are still only 225's which are the same as stock except they are 17's instead of the stock 14 inch rims. Can i lower my car? Where can i find springs to fit it? I am concerned about lowering the front as it already scrubs going down steep driveways when i am turning at the same time. If i need to get the front guards flared out a bit i will. Sorry guys, long inquiry here. I DO want to lower it but i DONT want to compromise that smooth ride that you can only get from a classy benz . I am also going to make up an aluminium billet grill for the front and see about making custom clear indicator moulds. But as for the lowering am i fighting a lost cause or can you guys help me out here? Thanks heaps in advance, Nathan.