Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod integration kit, can't go into navigation mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2006 | 07:55 PM

2006 R350
Ipod integration kit, can't go into navigation mode

This is the second of my two audio issues that I need to get sorted out. Had the ipod integration kit installed before I took delivery of the car. Plugged in the ipod seemed to work OK. Our sales lady didn't know how it worked, just referred us to the manual. Well from what I have gathered the phone buttons on the steering wheel are used to put you into navigation mode. I hit the phone hang up button and it just tells me that I don't have the phone feature. So all I can do is use the up down arrows to change tracks, but can't access any of the other features. Anybody know what's up? Did they forget to program something telling the car to let me use the phone buttons on the steering wheel to access the ipod control menus?

I have a R350 BTW...
Old 09-30-2006 | 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
The dealer forgot to code the cluster for iPOD as installed.

All they need to do is set the phone as being present.

Last edited by benzmodz; 09-30-2006 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2006 | 08:23 PM

2006 R350
Originally Posted by benzmodz
The dealer forgot to code the cluster for iPOD present.

All they need to do is set the phone as being present.
Cool. Thanks. Sounds like the typical dealer service I am used to from VW, I was hoping for better with MB.... It's over an hour round trip to the dealer I bought from....
Old 10-06-2006 | 05:48 PM

2006 R350
Well apparently the dealer was more knowledgeable than originally thought. They knew about the suggestion above but still no luck. They are waiting to hear back from the factory, but they are guessing some piece of equipment usually included in vehicles is missing in mine. Possibly since I don't have teleaid or the phone kit. I guess they are having this problem with another car.
Old 10-06-2006 | 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
You don't have Teleaid?? Thought that was installed. As far as getting into nav mode thats done with the nav on the Command. I have the Ipod in my 05 and for all to operate correctly the Ipod should be turned off when plugging it in to the glove box cord. Also, I believe for the wheel buttons to operate correctly you must be up on the audio page on the MFD. This is done by flipping thru the page buttons on the left side of the wheel. Mine works great once I learned how to use it.