Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo diesel problem-need help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo diesel problem-need help!

For the past month Ive had problems with my 98 E300TD. First there was diesel in the engine compartments, changed the fuel lines, done. Then one day Im driving and the car just stops getting gas. Stalled out on me. Couldnt start it. Took 15 minutes of cranking it to get it started. Got it home. Tried in morning, but the idle was very shaky, then it died. Towed it to shop. My guy said it was probably bad diesel. Flushed fuel line and changed fuel filter.

Seemed a little better, but still shaky, bad fuel consumption and much less speed. Then it stalled out again. Took it back. This time he thought it was the MAS. Changed that. Then he noticed a leak from the fuel injector,, changed the gasket on that, fixed the leak. Said it was all fixed. I took it home, but it is still eating diesel and doesnt have much power.

I just started it again, and it stalled out, wont start. Do you have any idea what this could be??? I have already spent 800 and the problem isnt even fixed. I feel scamed by my mechanic and pissed that my car isn't fixed yet. Any ideas?
Old 11-07-2006, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Get a new mechanic!!
Old 11-10-2006, 12:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds like your inlet line is sucking air. ck the seal at the plastic filter inlet screen. or the fuel shutoff valve below the injection pump is malfunctioning. either way you need to find a new mechanic!!