Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Hazzard

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'00 CLK430 & '08 Lexus RX 350
Road Hazard

Rolling down an unfamiliar Downtown street the other night I came to the bottom of a hill....the intersection at which had a huge hump (the topside of a subway tunnel I think) I didnt slow down much and hit it pretty hard and sorta bottomed out . Anyway I hit pretty hard but everything seemed ok. This morning I noticed a pancake sized puddle under the car....consistancy was of motor oil but it was a little too clean looking. After further inspection I noticed that the bottom side of a "pan" (for lack of better description) was a bit wet and a small drip was forming on it.......

The location is directly underneath the cabin of the car (not forward / underneath engine) and seems to be smack dab in the center of the car near where the exhaust starts to run back.

I fear the worse of course and plan to take her in this week......does anyone think they may know what Ive damaged?

Thanks for the knowledge.

Last edited by MMM430; 11-13-2006 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Sounds like transmission oil pan.