Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jerrrrrkkkkkkkkk King

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 07:17 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E240 03
Jerrrrrkkkkkkkkk King

Guys I know many of you talked about this problem a lot, but I am not getting a solution.

the car jerks when shifting upwards or downwards between the first gear and the second gear when the rpm is less than 1500.

I don't have the valeo radiator.

the dealer told me that they did all the service campaigns of my car. the service campaign didn't have anything about flashing ECU.

I took it twice to the dealer, they did gear adaptation. The car run so smooth for one week then it goes back to jerking.

What is the problem.

I posted the same topic under W211 my car is E240 2003
Old 11-21-2006, 10:26 PM

05 ML350, 85 300D
It is the way you drive, it is adapting to something you are doing to shift harder. You can;t shut it off- it is designed to do that and will continue to.
Before you say "I drive fine"; think of this situation (which was mine once)..start car, drive down 200 ft driveway, slow down aggresively, but coast, as there was no other traffic on the road. Acell up a gradual incline about a 1/4 mile, then crest a hill and desend a MAJOR hill about 300 feet to a full stop(where it intersected with a major road- had to stop every time- no visibility, even if there was no other cars). Then accelerate to 50 MPH, and drive normal situations to work.
Repeat every day, and think of what the trans controller is trying to figure out of that?? Sees the same things, tries to adapt to it..to make it better for itself and you!!

I would think the convertor clutch is locking up or dragging (as that is happening more) , but you say it clears up when you get the adaptations reset, so I'm thinking the first scenario
Old 11-22-2006, 05:17 AM
Almost a Member!

E240 03
Man this is mercedes

I have a BMW with the same adaptive control, I drive the two cars aggressively. The difference is as follows:

1- since I bought the BMW it is getting more aggressive and the gear shifts after longer period; meaning it shifts at 2500 instead of shifting at 1500 to give me more power.

2- the mercedes tries to give power with hesitation. as if the gear can't make a decision to shift upwards or not that's where the jerking appears.

Adaptive driving system shouln't be a punishement to drivers it should be a way to let the car adapt my ****ty drving style.

Then tell me if you live in a city with traffic jam, where you drive at the speed of 10 km/h because you drive around 45 km at a max speed of 20 and half of your time stopping in the traffic. Are you telling me that the adaptive system will think that I am in traffic when I am not.

This system is very embarassing when you have someone when driving in traffic, coz everytime I accelerate to 20 then I slowdown to 5 then accelerate to 20 the gear shifts upwards and the car jerks badly, and you see the passenger looking behind coz she thought that we got hit. you feel like you got hit from behind. Then I try to explain that this is a new option in MERCEDES.