Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/T Secondary Pump

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'90 500SL '07 C280 '98 E320, '19 C43
Schematics

Thanks Steve.....I will do that to-day. When I pulled the pan last after the intial installation, I noticed some metal flakes in the bottom plus some really small "*****"...really small, not bearings. It looks like a flake that has been rolled up. AND.reverse doesn't sound to good. So, I've decided to pull this and replace it with another from the same place. They said no problem. The one thing I am missing is a GOOD book on this transmission. The ATSG one is barely OK. Mitchell's is pretty general....they are all from the same source MB!! and not that great. I have a Haynes manual for the GM transmissions and it is fantastic. Lottsa colored photo's. Is there a good manual that shows everything including hydraulic and pneumatic schematics for this Mercedes transmission?
Old 02-20-2007, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian McL
Thanks Steve.....I will do that to-day. When I pulled the pan last after the intial installation, I noticed some metal flakes in the bottom plus some really small "*****"...really small, not bearings. It looks like a flake that has been rolled up. AND.reverse doesn't sound to good. So, I've decided to pull this and replace it with another from the same place. They said no problem. The one thing I am missing is a GOOD book on this transmission. The ATSG one is barely OK. Mitchell's is pretty general....they are all from the same source MB!! and not that great. I have a Haynes manual for the GM transmissions and it is fantastic. Lottsa colored photo's. Is there a good manual that shows everything including hydraulic and pneumatic schematics for this Mercedes transmission?

What you’re looking for are MB transmission principals of operations manuals, which are not easy to find, try EBay. They assume you know how to read hydraulic flow charts and more.

Flush the transmission cooler before you install the other one.