Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cruise control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C36 AMG
cruise control

2 mth ago C230 from 1997 105000km started to play arround. difficult to start without to use the acceleration peddal, usually at the 2nd try. iddle too low. after I change the air flow meter starts ok but cruise control not working anymore and the iddle still low especially when AC is going. I adjusted by hand the accelerator cable turning over the long screw about 4 times. iddle ok now. the mecanic sugested to leave the car for a week to investigate the cruise control and change more parts arround. I said no till will know more about. the ecu is working in limp mode, few faults are not possible to clear.
fault memory;026-accelerator pedal value implausible; 033-throttle valve value implausible; 126- sporadically altitude factor; 030- altitude factor; 122- sporadically accelerator pedal value implausible; 129- sporadically throttle valve actual value from motor electronics implausible. thats all.
I replace the throttle valve, the iddle goes ok but on the initial position of the screw (not adjusted). still not possible to clear the faults. cruise control still not working. I put back the old throttle valve and readjust by hand a bit the iddle. nobody know what's wrong not even the best garage in town.
thanx

Last edited by reco; 02-07-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:13 PM

05 ML350, 85 300D
Well, if they were the best garage in town, they would know not to touch that screw..ever..if those codes weren;t set by the jacking around with the screw, then they point to the throttle pedal position sensor. If the codes won;t clear, and it don;t think it has accurate throttle position..then no cruise...Also, you didn;t say what ecu those codes are from??that matters too..and most indy shops can't read the other modules, besides the engine..
Old 02-08-2007, 02:21 PM

C36 AMG
on the paper is :
control unit: EGS
suplier: siemens
software status: 41/96
fault memory
all related to the accelerator pedal, throtle valve and altitude factor
Old 02-10-2007, 05:30 PM

C36 AMG
Originally Posted by MBTech21
Well, if they were the best garage in town, they would know not to touch that screw..ever..if those codes weren;t set by the jacking around with the screw, then they point to the throttle pedal position sensor. If the codes won;t clear, and it don;t think it has accurate throttle position..then no cruise...Also, you didn;t say what ecu those codes are from??that matters too..and most indy shops can't read the other modules, besides the engine..
thanx for your answer, really apreciate that.
do you recomand to put the screw at initial position, replace the throttle valve (if iddle too low-which I supose will hapend) and go from there. I mention that I've allready done this but was still not possible to clear codes or to have the cruise back. iddle much better instead with the srew at the initial position.