Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 CLK55 Question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 2004
2004 CLK55 Question...

Hi-

I just bought a 2004 CLK55 AMG.

I ran a CarFax and AutoCheck report. Both showed a clean bill of health and the info matched against each other. The last odometer reading was in the mid 30k range on both reports.
Tonight, while going through the service booklet I noticed Service B was per formed last year and the mileage was written in as 68k by the technician. I know I should have looked at the service booklet before buying the car. Lesson learned.
When a MB is taken in for Service B is the car hooked to a computer of some sort that would document the mileage straight from the car? My hope is that the technician made a mistake writing down the mileage in the Service Booklet. Oddly, this Service B is not listed on the CarFax or AutoCheck report. I'm going to call the dealership that performed the service tomorrow. I’m just pretty shaken and thought I’d go ahead and make a post for some clarity and insight.
I’d love to have some feedback on ways others might handle this.

Thanks,
Rastus
Old 03-12-2007, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 2004
Update.

The mileage was written down wrong. It was actually in the high 20k range when the Service B was performed. What a relief.

I'm going to have a copy of the Service B records faxed to me.

Should I do anything else.

Thanks,

Rastus