Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument Cluster Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 01:37 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 KLEEMANN K55S6
Instrument Cluster Problem

So I got in my 2001 CLK55 tonight (only 34K miles since it was bought new) and noticed that 1/2 of my instrument cluster lights were out-----everything to the left of the center of the speedo was lit and everything to the right of the middle of the speedo to the middle of the tach was dark.........WTF???

Does this mean that I need to purchase a whole new AMG instrument cluster (est. $870 from the MBZ dealer) ???

Mayday!.............. Anyone know if I just need a simple bulb replacement???
Old 03-24-2007, 03:37 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by clky1
So I got in my 2001 CLK55 tonight (only 34K miles since it was bought new) and noticed that 1/2 of my instrument cluster lights were out-----everything to the left of the center of the speedo was lit and everything to the right of the middle of the speedo to the middle of the tach was dark.........WTF???

Does this mean that I need to purchase a whole new AMG instrument cluster (est. $870 from the MBZ dealer) ???

Mayday!.............. Anyone know if I just need a simple bulb replacement???
have the cluster removed and taken to a repair shop. if its not a single bulb it is definately repairable.