Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatic Climate Control CLS550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 04:05 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Automatic Climate Control CLS550

Hi everyone.
I hope this post finds you well.

I have a 2007 CLS 550. I've been muddling through the owners manual and I wonder if one of the enlightened can explain how the automatic climate control functions.

The owners manual says that when the "Auto" button is pushed the car takes into consideration of the ambient temperature, the temperature in the car, and the position of the sun to adust the vent and fan settings to achieve the selected temperature.

The position of the sun? Could anyone elaborate? The more technical the explanation the better.

Thank you in advance.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09 E350 ,
there is a sun sensor on the hood vent that is split into 4 zones and it measures intensity of the sun ,depending on where the sun is ,it can tell if it is on your right side, and the fan speed will increase slightly to adjust for the radiant heat that comes in on that side ,i hope it helps ,,you will notice this on a hot day more so ,,,,,,
Old 04-18-2007, 03:40 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tcesario
there is a sun sensor on the hood vent that is split into 4 zones and it measures intensity of the sun ,depending on where the sun is ,it can tell if it is on your right side, and the fan speed will increase slightly to adjust for the radiant heat that comes in on that side ,i hope it helps ,,you will notice this on a hot day more so ,,,,,,

Tcesario,
thanks for your reply.

That helps a little. I thought that those lenses in the top of the windscreen were rain sensors for the rain sensing wipers.

Do you know anything about how the temperature setting works?

Does it have temperature sensors in the cabin?

How does the four zone temperature control work?

Thanks,
Spencer
Old 04-18-2007, 06:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
BMW E30. I've turned to the dark side.
[QUOTE=EmergencyDpt;2145731 I've been muddling through the owners manual...[/QUOTE] that just brought a tear of joy to my eye.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09 E350 ,
Originally Posted by EmergencyDpt
Tcesario,
thanks for your reply.

That helps a little. I thought that those lenses in the top of the windscreen were rain sensors for the rain sensing wipers.

Do you know anything about how the temperature setting works?

Does it have temperature sensors in the cabin?

How does the four zone temperature control work?

Thanks,
Spencer
those in the window are the rain and light sensors ,but on the hood grille ,closer to the window is a little black dome ,that is the sun sensor ,also cabin air temp sensors are under the key on dash (little vent looking circle ) and over head control panel and it takes the temp from both of those high and low and averages them to the ideal temp selected,i really can't explain too much more with out taking out the factory manual but hope this will help again /////////////