Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help Keyless go Key problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help Keyless go Key problem

Just got my 03 CL55 and i love it.
The only problem is that the car won't lock with the keys. It does have keyless go but i do not have a card just key fobs. The key will work to start the car but won't lock it. Please help anyone. Don't want to leave it on the street unlocked tonight.

thank you
Mark
Old 05-05-2007, 02:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09 E350 ,
sound 's like the fob batteries need to be replaced ,,,,,hold lock and unlock at the same time for a few seconds and a red light should flash if not batteries are done,if the red light blinks then the car antena is inop ,point the key directly at the driver side infrared receiver in the door handle and hold lock if nothing happens then take it to the shop it will need das to check codes to diagnose correctly ,hope this helps,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 05-05-2007, 05:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
17 E220D, 11 E350 CDI(sold), 06 CLS320 CDI (sold), 05 Cadillac DeVille (gone), 04 E320 CDI (sold)
Some model key fobs have a small metal skeleton key that comes out of the fob which can be used when the battery is flat. Look for a sliding bit that will release a chrome key which is long and narrow, so it comes out of the fob lengthways.