Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how long are road tests normally?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 CL600
how long are road tests normally?

i had a rattle in the chair release latch in my less than a month old 07 CL600. i take it to get fixed, show my service adviser and he verifies my problem and i leave. i get a message that my car is back and i go pick it up. right after leaving the dealer i notice there is 21 miles on my car, an 8th of a tank of gas missing and the problem wasn't fixed whatsoever, they just lubed my headrests. i call the manager and he assures me that 20 miles is normal, which i ask how is that normal when i already verified the problem with my advisor. he tells me to come back and take a drive with a tech and he'll fix it right away. is this guy full of it? 21 miles to verify a problem that presents itself if you pat the chair firmly is just infuriating, especially since the car isn't even broken in yet.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
190D 2.5 (x2), 190E 2.6, W202 C240,W202 C43 (C55), W210 E55, W212 E250CDI
sometimes a longer road test is needed, then there is a road tester who test drives after the work is complete, then the milages continiuosly being moved around the dealership car spots (when you arrive, to get another car out, car wash)

a very basic dealer visit usually results in about 4mi added to a car at my dealership and more depending on the fault.

Unofficially......and A140 can be diagnosed (regardless of fault) between the car park and the workshop, an S65 (even for a blown globe) tends accumulate more milage

If your not happy with that (I wouldn't be either) then I would ask the service adviser to not test drive the vehicle, but this would apply only to faults that don't require it)