Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W210 Radio Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E320 4matic
W210 Radio Issues

Hey guys I just bought a 2001 E320 4matic with 82k on the dial. It has a 6 cd changer with the Bose speakers. The car's radio screen display doesn't work and only one speaker is working. I thought I could use the display in the middle of the speedometer instead of fixing the display, but it reads Audio Off. Do you guys have any idea about what could be wrong? Could it be a fuse or something wrong with the radio? The cd player and radio work but the sound only comes from one speaker. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E55 AMG
The disappearing pixels is a common, if not predictable, issue. Mine are slowly dying. Dumb question, but got to ask. Is it possible the your speakers are not set center on the balance mode of the audio display? I am assuming your display is gone. With the radio in the on position, try pressing the third dot (audio) four times (balance mode), and then apply the first dot (left) or the fourth dot (right) within three seconds. If that does not work, try resetting your radio by entering the radio code. The code is found on plastic radio code card which should be part of your owner's manual package. Aside from that, your problem may be electrical. Good luck.