Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

blue air vent dial

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
blue air vent dial

I have a question about the center air vent dial with blue print above the command system. Accoding to the manual it controls outside air. I noticed that mine does not roll all the way up like the other vent controls do. Is this normal? It will roll to the point where it shows two marks on the dial. I can hear something opening when I roll it up to the open position, but it doesn't roll all the way up where it would show three marks like the other dials.
Old 01-02-2002, 11:23 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Someone else posted a similar comment several weeks ago. The wheel should function like all the others. I seem to recall the previous poster took the car back to the dealer, and the fix was simple, like forcing it all the way open. But don't hold me to that. I'd call the service dept and ask if it's OK to play yourself to save the visit.
Old 01-02-2002, 12:40 PM

2002 C32 AMG
I called my service department and they said they could take a look at it today. I decided to try it one more time before pulling her out into the rain and it works now! I guess she didn't want to get wet.
Old 01-18-2002, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
Originally posted by MB-BOB
Someone else posted a similar comment several weeks ago. The wheel should function like all the others. I seem to recall the previous poster took the car back to the dealer, and the fix was simple, like forcing it all the way open. But don't hold me to that. I'd call the service dept and ask if it's OK to play yourself to save the visit.
Hey, that was me back in August. I took it back and showed my sales guy and he said he'd seen it before. He did just "force" it to the upward position (which I was afraid to do) and it works fine now. Just push if firmly upward against the "stop" and it should work.

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice you said you got it working -- oh well, someone else might need this...

Last edited by MarkL; 01-18-2002 at 05:46 PM.