Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C not working all the time in my C230.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2007 | 08:14 PM
Almost a Member!

A/C not working all the time in my C230.

Last month my air conditioner in my C230 started acting up. Sometimes it works just fine. Other times no air comes out at all. I took it into the dealer and they said it's probably the blower. They replaced it but that didn't solve the problem.

BTW, it never just goes out when I'm driving. Rather at start up it either comes on or it doesn't. I'm going to take it back in to the dealer but I'm hoping to first maybe get some suggestions on what could be causing this problem. Could this be an electrical issue?
Old 09-04-2007 | 08:53 PM

2004 E500 4matic
Originally Posted by soma
Last month my air conditioner in my C230 started acting up. Sometimes it works just fine. Other times no air comes out at all. I took it into the dealer and they said it's probably the blower. They replaced it but that didn't solve the problem.

BTW, it never just goes out when I'm driving. Rather at start up it either comes on or it doesn't. I'm going to take it back in to the dealer but I'm hoping to first maybe get some suggestions on what could be causing this problem. Could this be an electrical issue?
did they check the switch (controls) it self?

I notice these dealers likes to swap out parts. however they should frist check out all the controls frist to see it the right signals is making it to the component.

Last edited by bigmel; 09-04-2007 at 08:56 PM.