Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phone Cradle?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phone Cradle?!?

Hi everyone, im new to the forum and have read a few threds to see if i can solve this problem but im having no luck!

Ok i live in the Uk and i have a S320CDI on a 55 plate (late 2005) long wheel base.

I have bought a bluetooth phone cradle to use in the car. The car has to be all the dnecessary wiring. Ok the problem i have is that i cant seem to complete all the steps that the instruction manual asks to complete. I cant go any further after step 5 out of a total of 6 steps.

The item number is B 6 7 87 5838. Its the bluetooth cradle which has the sim car reading ability, bluetooth and the privacy phone with the cord as well.

When i put my sim in it, everything works fine, it gets the address book, call lists, receives calls, makes calls and has reception with my network.

BUT i had bought it so i could just pair up my phone with it using bluetooth when i got in the car and when i left the car it would disconnect when out of range etc.

I get to a point where i use the cradle to find bluetooth devices within range, which it does and displays my phone- SAMSUNG E900. Then the instructions state that choose the phone you like to connect to, then press the make a call button to call the phone and a 16-digit pin will appear on the COMAND screen which i have to enter when requested onto my mobile phone.

Now this is where it all goes wrong. When i choose my phone so it can call it in order for the prompt to enter the pin....its starts caling my phone but then says no network and at that point i have to start from the beginning again as i havent to pair my phone.

I know the cradle works as i have tried it with just sim (and its brand new) and its perfect. But when i try to pair a phone, my samsung (ive also tried a Razr V3), no luck.

Really sorry for the long message!!!! Only way i could explain everything.

I would really appreciate the help from everyone or hope theres an expert on the subject. Thanks alot in advance