Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy with issues!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK 320 Drop Top
Question New guy with issues!!!!

Hello! I'm new to the forum and also new to Mercedes. I just bought a 2000 CLK 320 convertible for my wife. Yesterday while driving it I noticed that the speedometer is acting kind of strange! On occasion, it gets "jumpy" when the speed increases. I noticed once it would raise smoothly up to 20 mph then it would be jumpy from that point on. Seems like it was increasing in 2-3 mph increments. On decel it was smooth. Any ideas what this could be?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 4matic
Originally Posted by Missinlinc
Hello! I'm new to the forum and also new to Mercedes. I just bought a 2000 CLK 320 convertible for my wife. Yesterday while driving it I noticed that the speedometer is acting kind of strange! On occasion, it gets "jumpy" when the speed increases. I noticed once it would raise smoothly up to 20 mph then it would be jumpy from that point on. Seems like it was increasing in 2-3 mph increments. On decel it was smooth. Any ideas what this could be?
Hmmm it sounds like it could be your speed sensor. do a search in the w208 forum.

Good luck