Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement Armored Brake Line

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 10:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Debadged 6-Speed '05 C320 Sports Coupe
Replacement Armored Brake Line

The armored front-to-rear brake line on my 94 Grand Cherokee failed. It is not available from the dealership. The local shops would fabricate this, but without the armor.

An on-line search revealed Fine Lines would re-create the original, in either steel w/ stainless spiral wrap or stainless w/ stainless wrap.

A Dremel cutter wheel, at an angle, resulted in an acceptable shipping box length, for sending it to Fine Lines. I also painted one side, prior to the cut, to ensure proper orientation.

The replacement line arrived and I am very satisfied. I selected stainless line w/ stainless wrap. The Jeep uses metric fittings, so this is compatible with MB vehicles. It needed to have the shipping bend straightened and some other minor shipping smoothing.

Old Line - Master Cylinder End

New Line - Master Cylinder End

Old Line - Axle End

New Line - Axle End

94 Jeep
Old 09-14-2007, 07:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Debadged 6-Speed '05 C320 Sports Coupe
The stainless brake line with stainless armor has been installed.

The brake line was close to the original, but it still required a coupla hours to change the shape to match the original.

Thank goodness I took LOTS of shots of the original. The images were captured at multiple orientations and angles. I would match my view of the new line to that on the image, then adjust the line 'till it matched.

Even with the tweaks required, I am still very satisfied with the service and the product.

New Line Installed - Steering Column Not Replaced

New Line Installed - Axle End