Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Software glitch?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230K Sport Coupe M6 C5 desert silver
Software glitch?

Has anyone else noticed a problem with the "After Start" page of the dash display on new US Mercedes? I've been driving my C230 Sports coupe now for about 1500 miles and have noticed an apparent error in the calculation of average speed on just this window. Everything else seems to work fine. I commute 18 miles (mixed highway (70+mph)/city (30mph+ lights)) which takes an average of 30 min total each way. Thus I should be getting a net speed of around 36 mph yet the average speed reported at the bottom of this page only shows 9 mph. The elapsed time and average miles per gallon seem to be working fine and if I compare the after start page to the after reset page upon full reset they don't show the same numbers for average speed. I suspect this is a software problem. I posted this query to the C class page and one other person reported a similar problem. Do any of the tech have an explanation?