Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Techs please help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63
Techs please help!!!

Hi guys I got the sprint booster for my C55 and I installed it...Well the car drove nice for a few mins then my check engine light came on and I started to have Idle speed fluctuation next thing, the car is turning off. I took off the sprint booster and reset the ecu...I'm now still getting the check engine light.
So, I go to the dealer...my friend who is a tech tells me the mass air has gone bad on the car...I email the vendor and he explains that these cars have a tendency to do this. He also explains that when you replace the mass air the car will be fine and to put the sprint booster on again. I like the way the car drove but i dont want to break down again or burn the mass air up.
Keep in mind this car has had 0 issues with electrical or mechanical problems ever. The seller is ver fair he is willing to refund my money if I want "very good thing" but I want to know if this has happen to anyone else.
please chime in..I would hate to send it back honestly the car drives like it has 50 more hp 100% snappier

Update I just got the car back and I was told that the cars ME ws also updated...why would the mass air go when I put the sprint booster on????