Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery ? on C -class for mercedes Techs please reply::

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own 2008 C-350 2008 E-350 2005 C -230 Kompressor 2006 FORd F-350 6.0
Arrow Battery ? on C -class for mercedes Techs please reply::

i been wanting to buy a mercedes 2008 c 350 but i been reading on owners of previos c lass changing there car battery when the disconect it all the memory the car losse and when they connect itback with the new battery car full of all errors i read this in all yrs 07 06 05 04 03 02 01 00 im concerned i never heard this i have discounted battery in jap car and american car to change it when battery is dead and never gotten erros please inform me about this problemwhy does it loose all memory doors esp errors i read on all type of errow truck don t work im concerned on this cause i like to change out my car batterys when there bad why does this happen please explain cause im concerned about the issue i read this from other owners in these forum gremlins come out when you discount the battery does this happen still on new model please help me
Old 09-27-2007, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 C43 White/Oreo
um... if these cars even read low voltage you will get MALF in the cluster... Usually in changing a battery in MOST mercedes models C E SL S ect... You have to at least RE-Sync the windows and sunroof, ESP BAS.... Not a big deal.. it happens... WHy are you so conserned about disconnecting the battery.. LOL... These batterys usually last 4+ years..

From changing the battery in my Tahoe VS my Benz.. i would say my Benz has alot more electronics in it... and likes to see that steady 11-12V..

Nothing to worry about i would say...
Old 09-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
@ ATSOBE

Understanding your posts is not easy. Please use proper punctuation.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 168 Likes on 120 Posts
2016 E350 4Matic; 2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2005 C55; 2003 360 Modena
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
@ ATSOBE

Understanding your posts is not easy. Please use proper punctuation.
+1.

In any case, I've disconnected the battery many times given all the mod work. No fault codes were ever set, and no gremlins ever appeared. Simply follow the re-sync (windows and sun-roof) instructions in the manual, and all is well.

I think you are confusing operating a vehicle with a low voltage or weak battery and merely exchanging the battery.

You seem to be combing the board wrought with concern, which leads me to think that you'll never be comfortable owning the Mercedes.

Blanket statements comparing Euro, Asian and Domestic cars are misleading. If any of the 3 makes are similar in technology and features, then the processes are usually similar.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:35 PM

96 c36
anytime you disconnect/reconnect the battery, you have to resync the windows, sunroof, and steering angle sensor. to do this, you hold the window switches in the manual posistion until they are fully closed, and hold them for about 4 secs, sunroof as well. dont hit the auto close position though. it wont work. to reset the steering angle sensor, turn the steering wheel lock to lock 2-4 times. aside from setting the clock, or entering the radion code (on the older models) that is all you have to worry about.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:54 AM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper

worrying about battery before even bought the car?!
Old 10-21-2007, 01:26 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Battery

<<I been wanting to buy a mercedes 2008 c 350 but i been reading on owners of previos c class changing there car battery when the disconect it all the memory the car losse and when they connect itback with the new battery car full of all errors i read this in all yrs ........big snip.....i read this from other owners in these forum gremlins come out when you discount the battery does this happen still on new model please help me>>

Looks like the culture shock of moving from a 2000 Accord to a new MB is getting to you. I just traded my 6 1/2 year old C320 with the ORIGINAL battery in on an '08 C300. And it never was down much on electrolyte and never went flat on me. Well, except for the time I left the key in the slot all night (not on) and it recovered fine from that little blunder.