Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you know your ECU reset?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C55 AMG, 2.8L Quattro, Softail Nostalgia 1550 (Stage III), Sporster (slammed)
How do you know your ECU reset?

How do you know your ECU reset after you do the procedure (below)? Is it any different on an AMG ECU? I recall when I did it on my C350 with NAV there were a couple of stereo settings or somehting that were reset so I always knew it worked. Besides the friskier feeling gas peddle, what are the signs that it worked?
1. Turn the ignition key to the on (not start) position.

2. Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for five seconds.

3. Turn the key to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.

4. Wait at least two minutes for ECU to reset.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:26 PM

2006 C55 AMG, 2.8L Quattro, Softail Nostalgia 1550 (Stage III), Sporster (slammed)
Plus I've read do press the gas pedal past the kick-down button and don't press it past the kick-down. I've read wait afterwards before removing the key and don't wait. Anyone know the one true procedure?
Old 10-16-2007, 09:26 PM

Never mind. Driving to work today I figured out how to tell if the reset worked. Hit the gas. Whoa nelly! The schit really works. I think it makes more of a difference on the AMG computer too (compared to my C350). Maybe they are set to a more aggressive fuel and spark curve and "learn" to be more docile because of it. I noticed the change in TPS sensitivity the most. Ka-wham, it's like a whack in the back of the head with a 2x4.

Last edited by Drop-a-Daimler; 10-16-2007 at 09:29 PM.