Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car won't start! Help needed immediately!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C320
Car won't start! Help needed immediately!

Every couple weeks my car wont start. I turn and turn the key and after i quit i go to bed. Time for work and it starts again. This is getting to become really annoying. My stereo won't work, the lights won't work yet the climate control does. On the dash the high beam is illuminated, and the display reads 185 deg F, and the errors that cycle through are, restraint SRS visit workshop, faulty display visit workshop brake fluid check visit workshop and tele-aid visit workshop.

This happens mostly when its raining outside. Im thinking that it may be my foglight, theres a crack in it and water may be seeping in?

If this has happened to anyone please help!!
Old 11-26-2007, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Originally Posted by mike.ro
Every couple weeks my car wont start. I turn and turn the key and after i quit i go to bed. Time for work and it starts again.!!
Does the motor turn over? If it does, and fails to start, I would start with the crankshaft position sensor. Search for details.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11 ML350
Sounds like you have a low voltage problem. Your battery probably has a bad cell, I've seen this many time were the battery will cause the problems you have described.
I suggest changing out the battery.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
If it mainly happens at rainy weather, it could be water entering the rear or the front SAM area, I've seen multiple posts on similar problems.