Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center console does not come on!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 01:41 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is a ///AMG badged CL500.
Center console does not come on!

2002 CL500

Navigation, ABC, Blah Blah Blah

back in July, i was picking my sister up from a friends house. i put the car in park. turned on the alarm. and then came back, got in, and tried to shift it out of gear but it was stuck. i towed it to a my cousins friend's shop. after paying close to a thousand dollars in towing my car back and forth. and 1300 in parts for a new shifter. my center console doesnt turn on. my abc, esp, rear shades, radio, nav, ac, heater does not work. my cousin says i need to get a new computer. has anyone had this problem? anyone near orange county, ca can fix this problem? mercedes says they charge 180 for a diagnostic. but if its going to be a 1500 fix, i will wait since my car is no longer under warranty and i dont have that kind of cash to fork out.

ive posted this before, im just reviving this because i cant stand driving a CL and not being able to enjoy the amenities.

thanks in advance MB members.

Reagan
Old 11-28-2007, 09:40 PM

11 ML350
When you installed the new shifter did you plug the switchs back in or mabye pintch the wiring under the new shifter/any thing else?
Old 12-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Almost a Member!

yes, i was beginning to feel that i was alone on this one. i didnt install the shifter, i had a shop do it. if i pull out the shiftgate, will the wiring be around the shift module? i will open it up to see anyways. any other possibilities? thanks!!
Old 12-04-2007, 01:14 AM
Almost a Member!

aahhhh. i just got back from my car. when i opened up the shiftgate. i found a small wire harness that consisted of a red/yellow wire that connects to the shiftgate. hoping if i put that if i plugged it in. that would fix the problem. but it was nothing.i looked around to see if there were any other wires that were pinched. i couldnt find any. any other possibilities?? thanks redcoupe for the help.