Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 CLK320 Cab losing its mind... literally

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cab losing its mind... literally

My car seems to be losing its mind: Here's what it's doing, and any thoughts are appreciated:

1. The "Check Engine" light stays on (I believe it's a faulty MAF sensor, which I've cleaned a few times and believe it now needs to be replaced);

2. The "Check Engine Oil" light comes on after the car has been running for 20-40 minutes, even though I had the oil changed a few weeks ago;

3. When I arm the car the 3x flashing lights no longer flash.

I am bringing the car in for an A service in the next week (just turned 120K miles) but any insight into this madness would be appreciated.

Other than this, the car is fine.

Thanks,

MOTOWN7
Old 12-03-2007, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 299 Likes on 250 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
The fact that the 3x flash does not work seems odd. But a dead MAF should not be that big an issue. Did you check the engine oil when the car requested it? The fact that it has been serviced would not necessarily mean the oil level is correct (could be too low or too high). Does your engine have a dipstick?
Old 12-03-2007, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, thanks a million for the quick reply. The 3x flash was stupid on my part... the trunk was not properly latched (which reminds me...how come my $15,000 Honda had an alert for any door ajar but my $52,000 MBZ can go flying down the highway with both doors and trunk lid open with nary an idiot light or buzzer in sight or within earshot? SHEESH!!!).

Re the oil, yes I did check it a few days ago and it's fine. It was a bit low at the oil change (maybe 1000 miles ago), but it seems as though like clockwork the light comes on after the car's been running for 20-25 minutes or so. Today it came on at the 53 minute mark.

You are right: the MAF sensor is not a big deal but it's a pain in the a$$ to see the light on every day.

Ron