Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need MB Tech advice on ML memory seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 05:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1972 280SE 4.5
Question Need MB Tech advice on ML memory seats

I have an 2008 Edition 10 ML and would like to add memory to the driver's seat.

I've been looking around EPC Net and it appears that there is only one control unit for the power seat. And there are two switches, one with the memory capability and one without. Both switches show side-by-side in the diagram and they appear to have the same connector to the control unit.

Does the above mean that the driver seat memory function could be added by just swapping the switch. -- Granted, of course, that the switch would only control the seat; not the stearing wheel, mirrors or headrest.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jose
Old 12-05-2007, 07:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 GLE 350 W4, 2016 C 300, 2012 E 350 W4 Lux, 2006 ML 350
I'm glad you posted this Jose. I would like to have this feature added if possible myself. I asked my service rep at the dealer but he wasn't sure it could be done.

Actually, the more I deal with the service department at the dealer I bought the car from the more I feel I am not going back there. I will post the whole sorted tale when I feel up to revamping the somewhat upsetting experience, but suffice it to say, I'm looking for someplace else to get my A service done. Sorry I don't know the answer to your post but look forward to seeing what responses you get. Thanks
Old 01-18-2008, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2020 S560,14 ml350, 03 sl55, silver, pano, slr cams, evo headers, lsd, 2019 s63 cab.
i ordered a memory seat switch to try it out.