Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for NoVA/DC shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 e55 wagon
looking for NoVA/DC shop

Does anyone know of a shop in the Northern VA/DC/MD area with techs qualified to do things like remove/install aftermarket crank pulley, cams, headers, etc. properly?
Old 12-21-2007, 08:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
Originally Posted by joshd
Does anyone know of a shop in the Northern VA/DC/MD area with techs qualified to do things like remove/install aftermarket crank pulley, cams, headers, etc. properly?
Suggest you check out MBCA's site as they have a list, by state, of indies who people have recommended. Good luck.

Regards,
paul...
Old 12-21-2007, 10:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
I'm about to be in the same boat as you when I pickup an e55 soon. I plan to take my car to Curry's in Sterling (Moran Rd) for most maintenance. But I'm worried about warranty work. I've heard horror stories about HBL in Tysons and American Service Center. Not sure what's left besides traveling out of the area. I'm hoping to find some place that's not going to freak when they see a pulley.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:51 PM

06 e55 wagon
Originally Posted by paulv
Suggest you check out MBCA's site as they have a list, by state, of indies who people have recommended. Good luck.

Regards,
paul...
I'm not having much luck finding that list on the mbca.org site, do you have a direct link?
Old 12-21-2007, 12:53 PM

06 e55 wagon
Originally Posted by 2root4u
I'm about to be in the same boat as you when I pickup an e55 soon. I plan to take my car to Curry's in Sterling (Moran Rd) for most maintenance. But I'm worried about warranty work. I've heard horror stories about HBL in Tysons and American Service Center. Not sure what's left besides traveling out of the area. I'm hoping to find some place that's not going to freak when they see a pulley.

I've used that Curry's quite a bit for maintenance on my previous cars. They are good guys, just a bit pricey. They also have a mustang awd dyno at that location. I'm just not sure how experienced they are with Mercedes ... I was hoping to find a local shop that has a lot of experience, especially with the 55K motor ...
Old 12-21-2007, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
I've used that Curry's quite a bit for maintenance on my previous cars. They are good guys, just a bit pricey. They also have a mustang awd dyno at that location. I'm just not sure how experienced they are with Mercedes ... I was hoping to find a local shop that has a lot of experience, especially with the 55K motor ...
Indeed. They do cost a bit more, but I think it is worth it for the peace of mind knowing that they have a clue and have integrity. But I've only used them for standard maintenance, not modifications. For that, I'm not sure. For warranty work, I'm also at a loss.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
I'm not having much luck finding that list on the mbca.org site, do you have a direct link?
Looks like they redesigned the site since the last time I was there.

Here it is:

http://mbca.cartama.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Regards,
paul...
Old 12-21-2007, 02:12 PM

06 e55 wagon
Originally Posted by paulv
Looks like they redesigned the site since the last time I was there.

Here it is:

http://mbca.cartama.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Regards,
paul...
Nice, thanks.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:27 AM

E350
Hey guys if your looking for a good aftermarket shop come check us out, we're in alexandria off of eisenhower ave. We specialize in mercedes and have had some amg owners come through here, they're actually the reason im on this site today. the name of my shop is Benz Elite Automotive. My partner and i were master techs at american service center. We have all the correct equipment to service and repair mercedes-benz.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E55 - 2010 GL450 - 2011 GL550
I personally work at HBL and would be more than happy to try and help you guys out. If that means answering questions or performing repairs. We don't have to do it through the shop so it will cost you less. I have been here for 5 years and am Master Certified.