Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjust accelerator pedal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
Adjust accelerator pedal?

1992 190E 2.6 automatic
Pedal has about 1.5" of "play". I know there is an adjustment screw on the trottle cable inside the car, at the firewall, and there is another one on the throttle body. Adjusting the one on the throttle body doesn't reduce the "play". Would the one on the inside at the firewall do the trick, or is there another way to eliminate the "play"?
Old 12-26-2007, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
I guess I figured this out on my own. When I checked the pedal and how it interacts with the throttle linkages under the air cleaner, I discovered that the pedal is very tight! It isn't loose like I suspected. I discovered the first 1" or so of pedal movement with no engine response is apparently normal! When you watch the watch the linkage move as you press the pedal, you see there is a flat area on a bracket that a roller moves along for the first 1" or so of pedal travel. Beyond that, the bracket starts to curve, which causes the roller to move the actual throttle lever, which causes the revs to go up. I tried to defeat the flat spot by manually moving the throttle lever while the roller was in the flat spot, but the engine didn't like that and it wanted to stall. I made a video of this that I might try to post on youtube (I've never done that before).
Old 01-04-2008, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1991 mercedes 560sel
ive been asking the same thing about my 91 560 sel the linkage seems to move quits a bit before it engages the throttle linkage that makes the motor rev think its wierd that it would be normal to have that kinda play in pedal as ya dont know when its gonna start to make the car move so it makes ya lurch a bit from a stop rather than smoothly accelerate